New Delhi: Five shops were on Sunday gutted in a fire that broke out in a high-rise at south Delhi`s Nehru Place, fire officials said.
No casualties were reported in the blaze that started in an apparel showroom and spread to four electronics shops, they said, adding that a short-circuit might be the likely cause behind the fire.
According to a Delhi Fire Services official, a call was received at 5:44 AM. About the fire at shop No.72 in Laxmi Bhavan at Nehru Place following which 12 fire tenders were rushed to the spot.
"The fire was completely doused by 7:35 AM. Four electronics shops and an apparel showroom were gutted in the blaze although nobody was injured," the official said.