Five shops gutted in Nehru Place fire

Five shops were on Sunday gutted in a fire that broke out in a high-rise at south Delhi`s Nehru Place, fire officials said.

New Delhi: Five shops were on Sunday gutted in a fire that broke out in a high-rise at south Delhi`s Nehru Place, fire officials said.

No casualties were reported in the blaze that started in an apparel showroom and spread to four electronics shops, they said, adding that a short-circuit might be the likely cause behind the fire.
According to a Delhi Fire Services official, a call was received at 5:44 AM. About the fire at shop No.72 in Laxmi Bhavan at Nehru Place following which 12 fire tenders were rushed to the spot.
"The fire was completely doused by 7:35 AM. Four electronics shops and an apparel showroom were gutted in the blaze although nobody was injured," the official said.

By continuing to use the site, you agree to the use of cookies. You can find out more by clicking this link

Close