Five shops gutted in Nehru Place fire

Five shops were on Sunday gutted in a fire that broke out in a high-rise at south Delhi`s Nehru Place, fire officials said.

PTI| Last Updated: Jun 09, 2014, 01:09 AM IST

New Delhi: Five shops were on Sunday gutted in a fire that broke out in a high-rise at south Delhi`s Nehru Place, fire officials said.
No casualties were reported in the blaze that started in an apparel showroom and spread to four electronics shops, they said, adding that a short-circuit might be the likely cause behind the fire.

According to a Delhi Fire Services official, a call was received at 5:44 A.M. About the fire at shop No.72 in Laxmi Bhavan at Nehru Place following which 12 fire tenders were rushed to the spot.

"The fire was completely doused by 7:35 A.M. Four electronics shops and an apparel showroom were gutted in the blaze although nobody was injured," the official said.