Five youth arrested with arms from DU: 2 sent in PC, 3 to JC
New Delhi: A law student of Delhi University and another youth, who were among five arrested with weapons from the campus ahead of the varsity`s student union polls, were on Thursday remanded in two-day police custody by a court here.
The other three were sent to 14-day judicial custody.
Metropolitan magistrate Harun Pratap remanded Subodh, the first-year DU student, and Pankaj, a student from Ghaziabad, in police custody.
The court also denied the bail pleas of co-accused Prashant, Neeraj and Anuj and sent them to judicial custody.
All the five were arrested yesterday evening from outside the gate of Hindu College of Delhi University`s North Campus. They were travelling in a white Scorpio bearing UP registration number.
Police in the FIR said the vehicle was intercepted and checked since it was the day of filing nomination for DU polls.
All the five were found in suspicious conditions inside the vehicle.
Upon frisking, police found pistol and country-made revolver with Prashant and Pankaj while others were carrying live cartridges and magazines.
Prashant had told the police that the car belongs to one of his relatives.
While Anuj is from Baghpat, the other four hail from Ghaziabad.
All five have been booked under various provisions of the Arms Act.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof