Five-yr-old`s rape case: SHO found guilty of dereliction of duty
New Delhi: A vigilance inquiry by Delhi Police has found fault with the SHO of Gandhinagar police station here for alleged lapses in investigation into the rape of a five-year-old girl.
Sources said the SHO has been found prima facie guilty of dereliction of duty.
The report has been submitted to Commissioner Neeraj Kumar. The family had alleged that police did not pursue the complaint vigorously after the girl`s missing was reported.
Sources said the inquiry has established where all the policemen have committed acts of omission and commission.
A departmental inquiry has been initiated against SHO Dharampal Singh who was suspended along with investigating officer sub-inspector Mahavir Singh.
The vigilance team also found out that after missing complaint was filed, police did not visit the house.
Two persons have been arrested for brutally raping the five-year-old girl on April 15 in a building in east Delhi`s Gandhinagar locality where the victim and the accused lived.
The girl was rescued 40 hours later on April 17 and is now recuperating at the AIIMS.
Manoj Sah had told his interrogators that on April 15, his friend Pradeep had come to his house and they had consumed alcohol. Manoj claimed that Pradeep insisted on bringing a girl to the house and he went out and lured the girl with a chocolate.
He had also claimed that they fled from the house after strangulating her to avoid being identified and thought that she was dead.
The girl`s family had alleged that the cops had offered them Rs 2,000 to hush up the case and made insensitive remarks when they reported the matter.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- RJD strongman Shahabuddin brought to Delhi
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating on 'record' Puma deal
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!