Flight operations at IGI aiport normal
New Delhi: After two days of disruption due to fog, flight operations at the IGI airport were normal on Saturday.
"There was no dense fog last night and this morning as a result runway visibility was more than 1,000 metres, so all the flights are operating as per schedule," an airport official said.
The airport experienced some fog at around 11 pm last night during which general visibility dropped to 150 metres but it did not cause disruptions to the flight movement.
Some flights were cancelled or delayed due to operational reasons or poor visibility at the destination cities, sources said.
The IGI airport has been experiencing dense fog for the last two days, due to which runway visibility dropped to less than 50 metres leading to disruptions of about 250 flights.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Land of believers! Out of 1.2 billion people, only 33,000 are atheists in India
- Hafiz Saeed is overseeing attacks by ISIS fighters in Afghanistan?
- Blackbuck poaching case: Rajasthan government may appeal against Salman Khan's acquittal
- 'Michael Jackson died a vulnerable man'
- Kunis, Kutcher bought wedding rings on e-commerce site