Flight operations normal at IGI airport
New Delhi: Operations at the Indira Gandhi International Airport here on Saturday largely remained unaffected even as the airport witnessed fog in the wee hours.
Only one flight was delayed due to weather at Delhi.
However, 15 flights were delayed and another five cancelled due to operational reasons and bad weather at destination, an airport official said.
Fog started to descend at the airport around midnight last night and runway visibility dropped to 25 metres around 2 am on the third runway (29/11).
Visibility dropped to 225 metres on the main runway (28/10) around 3 am and remained so for about an hour after which started to improve on both the runways.
Runway visibility improved to more than 2000 metres on runway 28/10 by 5.20 am and on third runway from 5.50 am, so there was no affect on operations as most of the domestic departures begin from 6 am, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- DNA: Analysing the existing poor condition of Indian education system
- DNA: Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; Seven Pak Rangers killed
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you