Flight operations normal at IGI airport
New Delhi: Operations at the Indira Gandhi International Airport here on Saturday largely remained unaffected even as the airport witnessed fog in the wee hours.
Only one flight was delayed due to weather at Delhi.
However, 15 flights were delayed and another five cancelled due to operational reasons and bad weather at destination, an airport official said.
Fog started to descend at the airport around midnight last night and runway visibility dropped to 25 metres around 2 am on the third runway (29/11).
Visibility dropped to 225 metres on the main runway (28/10) around 3 am and remained so for about an hour after which started to improve on both the runways.
Runway visibility improved to more than 2000 metres on runway 28/10 by 5.20 am and on third runway from 5.50 am, so there was no affect on operations as most of the domestic departures begin from 6 am, they said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kim Jong-Un issues bizarre diktat, asks North Korean men to copy his hairstyle, women to follow his wife
- Muslim man sends 'talaq' SMS to wife after learning about her gang-rape
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's speech in Parliament on Constitution debate
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij