Flight operations normal at IGI airport
New Delhi: Operations at the Indira Gandhi International Airport here on Saturday largely remained unaffected even as the airport witnessed fog in the wee hours.
Only one flight was delayed due to weather at Delhi.
However, 15 flights were delayed and another five cancelled due to operational reasons and bad weather at destination, an airport official said.
Fog started to descend at the airport around midnight last night and runway visibility dropped to 25 metres around 2 am on the third runway (29/11).
Visibility dropped to 225 metres on the main runway (28/10) around 3 am and remained so for about an hour after which started to improve on both the runways.
Runway visibility improved to more than 2000 metres on runway 28/10 by 5.20 am and on third runway from 5.50 am, so there was no affect on operations as most of the domestic departures begin from 6 am, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Coimbatore: PM Narendra Modi unveils 112-foot tall bust of Lord Shiva
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's remark on terrorists
- DNA: Why depression cases are increasing rapidly in India?
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- Pune Test: Virender Sehwag could have saved India from embarrassment, says former Aussie stars
- India vs Australia, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...