Flight operations normal at IGI
New Delhi: After remaining disrupted for the past three days due to dense fog, flights operations were largely unaffected today even as the IGI Airport witnessed moderate fog.
"Flight operations were normal today as there was no dense fog at the airport. Though the airport witnessed moderate fog, visibility was good enough for operations," airport officials said.
The runway visibility was above 1200 metres through the night for both main as well as third runway but it dropped to 500 metres around 7.30 AM when fog become a bit dense. However, the visibility improved to 600 metres within 30 minutes.
As the visibility dropped to 500 metres, the landing were taking place using CAT I instrument landing system, but did not have any impact on the smooth operations of flights.
Flight operations had been badly affected for past three day after dense fog enveloped the airport and runway visibility dropped to less than 50 metres, forcing the airport authorities to suspend the operations for hours.
On Monday, flight operations remained suspended for about two hours and on Tuesday for four hours. Yesterday, operations were suspended for two hours, leading to delays in schedule of over 500 flights in the last three days.
Though there were around 10 cancellations of flights, it was largely either due to poor weather conditions at the destination or operational reasons of the airlines.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- World's heaviest woman loses 50 kilos in just 12 days