Flight operations normal at IGI
New Delhi: After remaining disrupted for the past three days due to dense fog, flights operations were largely unaffected today even as the IGI Airport witnessed moderate fog.
"Flight operations were normal today as there was no dense fog at the airport. Though the airport witnessed moderate fog, visibility was good enough for operations," airport officials said.
The runway visibility was above 1200 metres through the night for both main as well as third runway but it dropped to 500 metres around 7.30 AM when fog become a bit dense. However, the visibility improved to 600 metres within 30 minutes.
As the visibility dropped to 500 metres, the landing were taking place using CAT I instrument landing system, but did not have any impact on the smooth operations of flights.
Flight operations had been badly affected for past three day after dense fog enveloped the airport and runway visibility dropped to less than 50 metres, forcing the airport authorities to suspend the operations for hours.
On Monday, flight operations remained suspended for about two hours and on Tuesday for four hours. Yesterday, operations were suspended for two hours, leading to delays in schedule of over 500 flights in the last three days.
Though there were around 10 cancellations of flights, it was largely either due to poor weather conditions at the destination or operational reasons of the airlines.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dadri lynching: Is Kejriwal spreading poison between Hindus and Muslims?
- Muslims asked to sprinkle cow urine on body in order to be part of Garba festivities
- Dadri lynching: Rahul Gandhi reaches Dadri, meets victim Iqlakh's family
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Dadri lynching: Prime accused's father refutes allegations; says son is innocent
- Indrani Mukerjea's FSL report rules out drug overdose, says no chemicals found in stomach wash
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Russia bombs ISIS headquarters in Syria, video goes viral on internet - Watch
- In Pics: Indian Super League 2015 opening ceremony!
- Dadri lynching case: Sadhvi Prachi makes provocative remark, says beef-eaters deserve such fate