Flight schedules hit as dense fog envelops IGI air
New Delhi: Dense fog enveloped the Indira Gandhi International Airport here on Tuesday, disrupting the schedule of around 30 flights.
Around 14 flights were cancelled and 15 were delayed as the visibility dropped to around 100 metres early this morning when dense fog descended on the airport, airport sources said.
Fog started to descend around 10.30 PM last night. Around 2.30 AM, the general visibility and runway visibility dropped to less than 50 metres on the third runway while it was around 200 metres on the main runway.
Though the main runway was in operation, there was not much affect on the flight operations barring delay in schedule of some flights.
Some of the flights were cancelled either due to operational reasons or bad weather conditions at the destination or due to late arrival of flights, sources said.
Flight operations were also affected yesterday due to which schedule of around 60 flights were affected.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ganga river crosses danger mark in UP, Bihar and West Bengal
- NDMC issues notices to President's Estate for mosquito breeding
- DNA: Analysis of how Indian women's success in Olympics changed mindset of our society
- DNA: Analysis of how Indian women's success in Olympics changed mindset of our society- Part II
- DNA: Analysis of loss caused by floods in India
- China warns India over deployment of BrahMos cruise missile in Arunachal Pradesh
- Switch to high speed 4G Jio, stop using Vodafone, Airtel: Reliance to employees
- PV Sindhu, Sakshi Malik, Dipa Karmakar, Jitu Rai to receive Khel Ratna awards
- Kashmir issue can be resolved politically, not judicially: SC
- SpiceJet to launch flights to Silchar, Aizwal