Flight schedules hit as dense fog envelops IGI air
New Delhi: Dense fog enveloped the Indira Gandhi International Airport here on Tuesday, disrupting the schedule of around 30 flights.
Around 14 flights were cancelled and 15 were delayed as the visibility dropped to around 100 metres early this morning when dense fog descended on the airport, airport sources said.
Fog started to descend around 10.30 PM last night. Around 2.30 AM, the general visibility and runway visibility dropped to less than 50 metres on the third runway while it was around 200 metres on the main runway.
Though the main runway was in operation, there was not much affect on the flight operations barring delay in schedule of some flights.
Some of the flights were cancelled either due to operational reasons or bad weather conditions at the destination or due to late arrival of flights, sources said.
Flight operations were also affected yesterday due to which schedule of around 60 flights were affected.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Top wrestler Narsingh fails dope test, may miss Olympics
- UP: At least 7 children killed as school van collides with train in Bhadohi
- Rajasthan HC acquits Salman Khan in two chinkara poaching cases
- Watch - Moment of Kabul suicide blast caught on camera
- Devotees throng Lord Shiva temples to celebrate first Monday of 'Saawan'
- British PM Theresa May heads to N. Ireland for Brexit talks
- Rio Olympics: WADA 'disappointed' as IOC fails to ban Russia for mega event
- Al Qaeda chief urges kidnappings of Westerners for prisoner swaps - SITE
- Japan logs first half-year trade surplus since Fukushima
- Attacks on France, Germany their own fault: Donald Trump