Flights not to be affected much when Obama lands in Delhi
New Delhi: Movement of civilian aircraft,
unlike in Mumbai, will not be hit much at the Delhi airport
but microlight aircraft, hang-gliders and hot balloons will be
banned when the Air Force One plane carrying US President
Barack Obama lands at the IGI Airport here on Sunday.
The air traffic control would follow the normal procedure
of restricting the movement of commercial or any other flights
three minutes before and after the arrival of Obama`s plane.
"We would be following the normal procedure regarding
movement of a VVIP flight -- which means no flight movement is
allowed three minutes prior to landing and three minutes post
landing -- when President Obama`s aircraft lands here," a
senior Airports Authority of India official said. Air Traffic
Control comes under the AAI.
A notice to airmen (NOTEM) has been issued by AAI banning
movement of microlight aircraft, hang-gliders and hot air
balloons within a radius of 200 km of the airport from 6.30 pm
today to 11.59 pm on November 9.
Obama arrives here tomorrow afternoon and returns on
In Mumbai, movement of aircraft was not allowed at the
Chhatrapati Shivaji International Airport six minutes before
and after the flight carrying Obama landed.
No landing or take-off was permitted during that
period and even taxiing of aircraft was disallowed till the US
President`s plane was completely evacuated.
Meanwhile, security at the IGI Airport`s airside (where
take-off, landings, taxiing and parking take place) has been
beefed up by CISF which handles the security of the airport.
Additional CISF personnel have been deployed at the
airside and each and every staff working inside the airport
is being thoroughly checked, sources said.
While CISF has enhanced security at the airside, Delhi
Police and other agencies are taking care of the city side and
areas outside the Air Force`s Technical Area where President
Obama is scheduled to arrive.
"We are trying to ensure that the passengers don`t face
any problem due to President Obama`s arrival. But still, they
will have to go through strict security checks while coming to
the airport and entering the terminal building," a CISF
Operations at Terminal 3 and other terminals like T1D and
T1C would be normal, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Outrage over Tanmay Bhatt's video mocking Lata Mangeshkar, Sachin Tendulkar
- VHP's women wing Durga Vahini gives arms training to children!
- Heavy rain disrupts flight operations in Delhi
- MP: Liquor mafia attacks police, journalists with weapons
- Attack on African nationals: Gen VK Singh slammed for his statement
- Mood swings! What's on Parineeti Chopra's mind?
- WATCH: IPL 2016 final highlights: Royal Challengers Bangalore vs SunRisers Hyderabad
- Fast, stretchy circuits could revolutionise Internet of Things!
- This latest OK JAANU pic shows Aditya Roy Kapur, Shraddha Kapoor are so much in love!
- Major trouble for Tanmay Bhat! Raj Thackeray-led MNS vows to thrash him for mocking Sachin Tendulkar, Lata Mangeshkar