Flights not to be affected much when Obama lands in Delhi
New Delhi: Movement of civilian aircraft,
unlike in Mumbai, will not be hit much at the Delhi airport
but microlight aircraft, hang-gliders and hot balloons will be
banned when the Air Force One plane carrying US President
Barack Obama lands at the IGI Airport here on Sunday.
The air traffic control would follow the normal procedure
of restricting the movement of commercial or any other flights
three minutes before and after the arrival of Obama`s plane.
"We would be following the normal procedure regarding
movement of a VVIP flight -- which means no flight movement is
allowed three minutes prior to landing and three minutes post
landing -- when President Obama`s aircraft lands here," a
senior Airports Authority of India official said. Air Traffic
Control comes under the AAI.
A notice to airmen (NOTEM) has been issued by AAI banning
movement of microlight aircraft, hang-gliders and hot air
balloons within a radius of 200 km of the airport from 6.30 pm
today to 11.59 pm on November 9.
Obama arrives here tomorrow afternoon and returns on
In Mumbai, movement of aircraft was not allowed at the
Chhatrapati Shivaji International Airport six minutes before
and after the flight carrying Obama landed.
No landing or take-off was permitted during that
period and even taxiing of aircraft was disallowed till the US
President`s plane was completely evacuated.
Meanwhile, security at the IGI Airport`s airside (where
take-off, landings, taxiing and parking take place) has been
beefed up by CISF which handles the security of the airport.
Additional CISF personnel have been deployed at the
airside and each and every staff working inside the airport
is being thoroughly checked, sources said.
While CISF has enhanced security at the airside, Delhi
Police and other agencies are taking care of the city side and
areas outside the Air Force`s Technical Area where President
Obama is scheduled to arrive.
"We are trying to ensure that the passengers don`t face
any problem due to President Obama`s arrival. But still, they
will have to go through strict security checks while coming to
the airport and entering the terminal building," a CISF
Operations at Terminal 3 and other terminals like T1D and
T1C would be normal, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Bikaner: 13-year-old schoolgirl raped by eight teachers
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Know how to link your PAN card with Aadhaar card – Here is the step by step explanation
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested