Focus more preventive steps to contain dengue: Delhi govt to civic bodies
New Delhi: Delhi government on Tuesday expressed deep concern over outbreak of dengue in the city and asked the civic bodies to effectively concentrate on preventive measures.
"The cabinet expressed its concern over rising dengue cases. It felt the civic bodies must focus on containing cases of dengue by taking preventive measures," Delhi Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit said after a meeting of the cabinet.
Eleven more dengue deaths were reported in the city today even as municipal authorities cracked the whip suspending two top officials from the North Corporation on the charge of failing to check the rising cases.
"We received reports of 11 more deaths from Shahbad- Daulatpur area in the Rohini Zone today. We have already suspended the Deputy Health Officer and Malaria Inspector of the Rohini Zone with immediate effect and also issued stern warning to the MHO," North Delhi Municipal Corporation Mayor Azad Singh said.
With these deaths which occurred in the last few days, the toll due to dengue has risen to 16 in the Capital.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysing problem of traffic jams choking Delhi roads - Part II
- DNA: Analysing problem of traffic jams choking Delhi roads
- Panel discussion over rights of Muslim women
- DNA: How passengers risk their lives while travelling by train - Part II
- DNA: How passengers risk their lives while travelling by train
- VIDEO: Mohammad Amir's hat-trick in Match 2 of PSL 2016
- GHMC election results: TRS scores landslide win; TDP-BJP wiped out
- Oh so cute! PM Narendra Modi pulls Akshay Kumar's son Aarav Kumar's ear!-- See pic
- Muslim personal law can't be subjected to scrutiny by Supreme Court: Jamiat-Ulama-i-Hind
- IPL 2016 auction - As it happened...