Fog affects flight operations at Delhi`s IGI airport
New Delhi: Flight operations at the IGI airport here was partially affected on Thursday after dense fog enveloped the city.
Five flights, two domestic and three internationals, were diverted, eight cancelled and over 100 arriving and departing were delayed by over 15 minutes, airport officials said.
Fog started to envelope the airport around midnight last night and become dense between 12.30 AM and 3.30 AM. The visibility on all the runways dropped.
The visibility at the third runway was below 50 metres, due to which it became inoperational during this period, they said. The visibility at the main runway dropped to 125 metres, but it was operational, they added.
"Most of the diversions were due to pilots not being trained to land in low visibility conditions," airport sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive chat with Ranchi's visually challenged singer Tumpa Kumari
- DNA: Growing Russia-China ties a concern for India
- Kailash Vijayvargiya on Akshay Singh's death: Is a journalist bigger than me?
- Woman set ablaze in UP, Akhilesh orders magisterial probe
- Waterlogging, traffic jams in Delhi after rains
- Shahid Kapoor-Mira Rajput wedding: Check out their first picture as a couple!
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Vyapam scam: After over 45 deaths, can Shivraj Singh Chouhan resist CBI probe?
- No bomb found on Turkish Airlines flight which made emergency landing in Delhi
- Vyapam scam: Congress accuses MP CM of 'misleading' people, demands his resignation