Fog affects flight operations at Delhi`s IGI airport
New Delhi: Flight operations at the IGI airport here was partially affected on Thursday after dense fog enveloped the city.
Five flights, two domestic and three internationals, were diverted, eight cancelled and over 100 arriving and departing were delayed by over 15 minutes, airport officials said.
Fog started to envelope the airport around midnight last night and become dense between 12.30 AM and 3.30 AM. The visibility on all the runways dropped.
The visibility at the third runway was below 50 metres, due to which it became inoperational during this period, they said. The visibility at the main runway dropped to 125 metres, but it was operational, they added.
"Most of the diversions were due to pilots not being trained to land in low visibility conditions," airport sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Intruder who ‘spiked’ wrestler Narsingh Yadav’s food identified: Sources
- China increases soldiers at Ladakh's Pangong Lake
- Madhya Pradesh: Two women assaulted at railway station for carrying beef
- IIT Kharagpur students design racing car to compete in Russia
- IRCTC to offer Rs 10 lakh insurance cover for Re 1