Fog affects flight operations at Delhi`s IGI airport
New Delhi: Flight operations at the IGI airport here was partially affected on Thursday after dense fog enveloped the city.
Five flights, two domestic and three internationals, were diverted, eight cancelled and over 100 arriving and departing were delayed by over 15 minutes, airport officials said.
Fog started to envelope the airport around midnight last night and become dense between 12.30 AM and 3.30 AM. The visibility on all the runways dropped.
The visibility at the third runway was below 50 metres, due to which it became inoperational during this period, they said. The visibility at the main runway dropped to 125 metres, but it was operational, they added.
"Most of the diversions were due to pilots not being trained to land in low visibility conditions," airport sources said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Turkey has the right to defend its airspace, says Obama
- J&K: Terrorists attack Army camp at Tangdhar near LoC
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Yuvraj Singh completes 8000 runs in first class cricket
- Details out: What Rahul Gandhi did during his two-month-long sabbatical