Fog chaos: Lights, brakes, tyres of your car come into focus
New Delhi: Ensure that your vehicle is in
good condition and its lights, brakes, tyres, windscreen
wipers, radiator and heating system are in order as you
prepare for a foggy winter drive.
This advice is among the advisory issued by Delhi
Police today in the backdrop of the capital witnessing dense
fog during dark hours.
"If possible keep a high visibility jacket and torch
in the car so that you can see and be seen in case you have to
get out of the car," the advisory said.
It also said lights should be low beam as high beams
are reflected back in fog and impair visibility. "Turn on fog
lights if visibility is reduced less than 100 metres," it
"Reduce your speed and slow down, watch your
speedometer, don`t drive beyond your headlights," it said,
adding that "honk periodically to let other drivers know you
Other advices included use of the right edge of road
or painted road markings as a guide, turn off music and avoid
smoke while driving.
"Do not stop on a freeway or busy roads. If fog is
very thick, it is best to pull over somewhere safe and wait
for the fog to go," it added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state