Fog cover thins in Delhi, flights unaffected
New Delhi: The fog was not dense in the national capital on Friday morning, giving respite to the city and allowing for smooth air operations. Some trains coming into Delhi were, however, delayed.
According to the India Meteorological Department (IMD), the visibility at 8.30 a.m. was 300 metres.
The arrival and the departure of flights at the Indira Gandhi International Airport remained unaffected.
"Operations are running smoothly and no flights have been affected today (Friday) as the visibility is better compared to the past few days," said Kapil Sabarwal, spokesperson at the IGI airport.
Trains from Delhi were not disturbed, but those coming in from other parts of north India that are witnessing dense fog got delayed.
"The fog cover has weakened today (Friday) and there are no delays or rescheduling of trains in Delhi. However, 28 trains headed to Delhi (from parts of north India) are running late because of fog," northern railway spokesperson A.S. Negi said.
The Met Office has forecast a sunny day ahead for Delhiites, though light mist will return in the evening.
"The afternoon will be clear but there will be light fog in the evening. The maximum temperature is expected to settle around 22 degrees Celsius," said an IMD official.
Fridays` minimum temperature was 11.6 degrees Celsius, three notches above the season`s average.
Thursday`s maximum temperature was 22.4 degrees Celsius, normal for this time of year. Minimum temperature settled at 10.8 degrees Celsius, three notches above normal.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Onam Bumper Lottery/Kerala Thiruvonam Bumper-2016 BR-51 draw result declared - Here is the winning ticket number
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- MNS ultimatum to Pakistani actors: Leave India in 48-hour deadline
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31