Fog cover thins in Delhi, flights unaffected
New Delhi: The fog was not dense in the national capital on Friday morning, giving respite to the city and allowing for smooth air operations. Some trains coming into Delhi were, however, delayed.
According to the India Meteorological Department (IMD), the visibility at 8.30 a.m. was 300 metres.
The arrival and the departure of flights at the Indira Gandhi International Airport remained unaffected.
"Operations are running smoothly and no flights have been affected today (Friday) as the visibility is better compared to the past few days," said Kapil Sabarwal, spokesperson at the IGI airport.
Trains from Delhi were not disturbed, but those coming in from other parts of north India that are witnessing dense fog got delayed.
"The fog cover has weakened today (Friday) and there are no delays or rescheduling of trains in Delhi. However, 28 trains headed to Delhi (from parts of north India) are running late because of fog," northern railway spokesperson A.S. Negi said.
The Met Office has forecast a sunny day ahead for Delhiites, though light mist will return in the evening.
"The afternoon will be clear but there will be light fog in the evening. The maximum temperature is expected to settle around 22 degrees Celsius," said an IMD official.
Fridays` minimum temperature was 11.6 degrees Celsius, three notches above the season`s average.
Thursday`s maximum temperature was 22.4 degrees Celsius, normal for this time of year. Minimum temperature settled at 10.8 degrees Celsius, three notches above normal.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi Police arrests AAP MLA in the middle of press conference
- Pak grants 91-year-old Indian's last wish - a trip to his ‘ancestral home’
- Bihar: Acid attack on girl in Aurangabad district, victim critical
- MP: Dalit families migrating from village due to hooligans
- Is there any political clash between Akhilesh Yadav and Shivpal Yadav?
- England vs Sri Lanka, 2nd ODI: Alex Hales, Jason Roy power hosts to crushing win
- Tri-Nation series: Darren Bravo, Shannon Gabriel help West Indies topple South Africa
- China renews yellow alert for heat wave
- Navjot Singh Sidhu gets place in Punjab BJP core committee, Anil Joshi out
- She's just 8 months old but parents want mercy killing: Read her story