Fog cover thins in Delhi, flights unaffected
New Delhi: The fog was not dense in the national capital on Friday morning, giving respite to the city and allowing for smooth air operations. Some trains coming into Delhi were, however, delayed.
According to the India Meteorological Department (IMD), the visibility at 8.30 a.m. was 300 metres.
The arrival and the departure of flights at the Indira Gandhi International Airport remained unaffected.
"Operations are running smoothly and no flights have been affected today (Friday) as the visibility is better compared to the past few days," said Kapil Sabarwal, spokesperson at the IGI airport.
Trains from Delhi were not disturbed, but those coming in from other parts of north India that are witnessing dense fog got delayed.
"The fog cover has weakened today (Friday) and there are no delays or rescheduling of trains in Delhi. However, 28 trains headed to Delhi (from parts of north India) are running late because of fog," northern railway spokesperson A.S. Negi said.
The Met Office has forecast a sunny day ahead for Delhiites, though light mist will return in the evening.
"The afternoon will be clear but there will be light fog in the evening. The maximum temperature is expected to settle around 22 degrees Celsius," said an IMD official.
Fridays` minimum temperature was 11.6 degrees Celsius, three notches above the season`s average.
Thursday`s maximum temperature was 22.4 degrees Celsius, normal for this time of year. Minimum temperature settled at 10.8 degrees Celsius, three notches above normal.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Fresh plea in SC against triple talaq system
- Consumers will be compensated for unscheduled power cuts: Delhi CM Kejriwal
- Shocking! Man dies performing stunt in moving train in Mumbai
- China planning to stretch its Nepal rail link to Bihar: Report
- National child helpline number '1098' now launched in 25 languages!
- JeM planning Pathankot-II with support from Pakistan's ISI, IM, conducting recce of Indian cities: Military intel
- Arijit Singh writes open letter to Salman Khan apologising and requesting him to retain ‘Sultan’ song – Here’s why
- Akshay Kumar with 'Housefull3' gang set to sizzle in saddi Dilli—See selfie!
- Megresults.nic.in & mbose.in HSSLC Results 2016: Meghalaya Board Tura Class 12th Arts exam results 2016 to be announced shortly
- Mbose.in 10th SSLC Results 2016: Megresults.nic.in Meghalaya Board SSLC Class 10th exam results 2016 to be announced shortly