Fog delays 22 flights to and from Delhi
New Delhi: More than 20 flights to and from the capital`s Indira Gandhi International Airport (IGIA) were delayed on Wednesday as heavy fog on the runway brought down the visibility considerably.
"Twenty two in-bound and out-bound domestic flights at Delhi airport were delayed due to the reduced visibility owing to the fog," an airport official told a news agency.
The fog reduced speed on the roads as well, as visibility came down to 300 metres. The minimum temperature dipped to 5.2 degrees Celsius.
"It was difficult to see even 500 metres ahead in the morning (Wednesday). I had to drive slowly," said Nishant Arora, a banker.
"It is chilly outside. My hands and face felt frozen. Coupled with this, fog in the morning made driving difficult," said marketing executive Ubaid Khan, who went to office on his motorcycle.
The maximum temperature Wednesday is expected to hover around 21 degrees Celsius.
The mercury dropped after a relatively warm morning Tuesday which recorded a minimum temperature of 6.2 degrees Celsius.
Last Saturday, the temperature had dipped to 5.2 degrees Celsius for the first time, the season`s lowest so far.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Know the significance of Devshayani Ekadashi
- What's the motive behind politicising Yakub Memon's death penalty?
- Punjab: Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Gurdaspur
- Mumbai blasts case: Maharashtra govt opposes Yakub Memon's mercy plea in SC
- Punjab: Gurdaspur gunbattle ends, all terrorists killed
- Watch: Yuvraj Singh takes up Shoaib Malik's challenge, puts on his dancing shoes
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY