Fog delays 25 flights at IGI
New Delhi: Dense fog enveloped the IGI
Airport Saturday morning, delaying around 25 flights.
Fog started to descend over the airport in the wee hours
due to which runway visibility dipped to less than 100 metres
on the main as well as on the other runways.
Since the visibility was less than the required minima of
125 metres and 15 metres, flights could not take off.
But as soon as the visibility improved around 6 am,
flight operations resumed, according to an airport official
Yesterday, around 400 domestic and international flights
were affected as dense fog enveloped the airport, reducing the
visibility to less than 50 metres for more than 7 hours.
A total of 41 flights were cancelled, 322 were delayed
and 30 were diverted due to fog.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- BMC election 2017 results LIVE: BJP win big with 81 seats, Shiv Sena bags 84; CM Fadnavis Maharashtra thanks Maharashtra voters, PM Modi
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017 LIVE: BJP wins big, grabs 81 BMC seats; Fadnavis credits PM Narendra Modi
- Solapur Municipal Corporation Elections 2017 Results LIVE: Asaduddin Owaisi's AIMIM bags 5 seats; counting underway