Fog delays 25 flights at IGI
New Delhi: Dense fog enveloped the IGI
Airport Saturday morning, delaying around 25 flights.
Fog started to descend over the airport in the wee hours
due to which runway visibility dipped to less than 100 metres
on the main as well as on the other runways.
Since the visibility was less than the required minima of
125 metres and 15 metres, flights could not take off.
But as soon as the visibility improved around 6 am,
flight operations resumed, according to an airport official
Yesterday, around 400 domestic and international flights
were affected as dense fog enveloped the airport, reducing the
visibility to less than 50 metres for more than 7 hours.
A total of 41 flights were cancelled, 322 were delayed
and 30 were diverted due to fog.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- SC hearing on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's curative plea
- Cricket series can't happen along with terror attacks: Anurag Thakur warns PCB