Fog disrupts flight operations at IGI airport
New Delhi: Dense fog enveloped the Indira Gandhi International Airport here Monday morning, disrupting the schedule of around 40 flights.
Overnight around 16 flights were delayed. Around five flights were cancelled either due to operational reasons or due to poor weather, an airport official said.
Fog started to descend on the airport from last night but it started to become dense around 7 am, forcing authorities to implement low visibility procedures.
Dense fog returned to the capital yesterday after a four-day lull, affecting over 130 flights.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply