Fog disrupts flight operations at IGI
New Delhi: Dense fog once again returned
to disrupt flight operations at the IGI airport where around
20 flights were rescheduled this morning.
Most of the flights scheduled to depart early in the
morning were delayed by over two hours after the runway
visibility dropped to around 100 metres, an airport official
There were no cancellations or diversion of flights
but around 20 flights have been rescheduled, he said.
The visibility started to drop around 2:30 AM in the
morning forcing airport authorities to implement low
visibility procedures (LVP) at around 3:16 AM on the new
No LVP was implemented on the main runway till 5:20 AM
in the morning, the official said.
Though some flights landed using category IIIB
instrument landing system but the flights could not take off
as the visibility was less than the required minima of 125
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Beef row: Lalu Prasad Yadav contradicts his statements
- Lalu Yadav's son Tejasvi Yadav wants to change the face of Bihar education
- Indian Army 5th deadliest in the world: Report
- Indrani Mukerjea attains consciousness; is now out of danger
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Dadri lynching case: Sadhvi Prachi makes provocative remark, says beef-eaters deserve such fate
- Modi must be punished, he has cheated people: Ram Jethmalani
- Was Giani Zail Singh planning to topple Rajiv Gandhi govt in 1987?