Fog disrupts flight operations at IGI
New Delhi: Dense fog once again returned
to disrupt flight operations at the IGI airport where around
20 flights were rescheduled this morning.
Most of the flights scheduled to depart early in the
morning were delayed by over two hours after the runway
visibility dropped to around 100 metres, an airport official
There were no cancellations or diversion of flights
but around 20 flights have been rescheduled, he said.
The visibility started to drop around 2:30 AM in the
morning forcing airport authorities to implement low
visibility procedures (LVP) at around 3:16 AM on the new
No LVP was implemented on the main runway till 5:20 AM
in the morning, the official said.
Though some flights landed using category IIIB
instrument landing system but the flights could not take off
as the visibility was less than the required minima of 125
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- Army camp attacked in J&K's Kupwara; three JeM terrorists, one civilian killed
- Aamir Khan's remarks on intolerance stir controversy; BJP slams, film fraternity split
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'