Fog disrupts flight operations at IGI
New Delhi: Dense fog once again returned
to disrupt flight operations at the IGI airport where around
20 flights were rescheduled this morning.
Most of the flights scheduled to depart early in the
morning were delayed by over two hours after the runway
visibility dropped to around 100 metres, an airport official
There were no cancellations or diversion of flights
but around 20 flights have been rescheduled, he said.
The visibility started to drop around 2:30 AM in the
morning forcing airport authorities to implement low
visibility procedures (LVP) at around 3:16 AM on the new
No LVP was implemented on the main runway till 5:20 AM
in the morning, the official said.
Though some flights landed using category IIIB
instrument landing system but the flights could not take off
as the visibility was less than the required minima of 125
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Another Pakistani terrorist Sajjad Ahmed caught alive in Jammu and Kashmir
- Shocking CCTV footage of a woman assaulting her mother-in-law
- DNA: Sad reality behind the shutting down of the historic Gita Press
- Mumbai police to probe if RK Singh's claims on Dawood Ibrahim substantiated
- Sonakshi Sinha apologises to Sarabjit, accused in Tilak Nagar case
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Sheena Bora was introduced to me as aunt: Indrani Mukerjea-Sanjeev Khanna's daughter Vidhie
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- Shocking revelation! Indrani Mukherjea's daughter Sheena Bora was pregnant
- When Peter Mukherjea met and fell madly in love with Indrani