Fog disrupts flight operations at IGI
New Delhi: Dense fog disrupted flight
operations at the IGI airport this morning leading to
diversion of three flights.
"A number of flights got delayed while three flights
were diverted to Jaipur, Lucknow and Ahmedabad as the fog
descended on the airport last night," an airport official
Fog started to descend at around midnight and
visibility become poor following which low visibility
procedures were implemented.
The general visibility hovered around 50 metres. While
the runway visibility at the main runway was between 500 and
200 metres, it was 150 to 175 metres at the new runway.
Unlike previous years, February has this time
witnessed many foggy days.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sunny Leone steamy condom ad (uncensored): Watch why this video is making news
- Indrani Mukerjea confesses to her role in Sheena Bora murder case
- 'Insulted' Samajwadi Party walks out of 'Janata Parivar', to contest Bihar polls alone
- Mild earthquake jolts Rajasthan, no damage reported
- Inside view: Hillary Clinton e-mails reveal what US thinks of India