Fog disrupts flight operations at IGI
New Delhi: Dense fog disrupted flight
operations at the IGI airport this morning leading to
diversion of three flights.
"A number of flights got delayed while three flights
were diverted to Jaipur, Lucknow and Ahmedabad as the fog
descended on the airport last night," an airport official
Fog started to descend at around midnight and
visibility become poor following which low visibility
procedures were implemented.
The general visibility hovered around 50 metres. While
the runway visibility at the main runway was between 500 and
200 metres, it was 150 to 175 metres at the new runway.
Unlike previous years, February has this time
witnessed many foggy days.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened