Fog disrupts flight operations at IGI
New Delhi: Dense fog disrupted flight
operations at the IGI airport this morning leading to
diversion of three flights.
"A number of flights got delayed while three flights
were diverted to Jaipur, Lucknow and Ahmedabad as the fog
descended on the airport last night," an airport official
Fog started to descend at around midnight and
visibility become poor following which low visibility
procedures were implemented.
The general visibility hovered around 50 metres. While
the runway visibility at the main runway was between 500 and
200 metres, it was 150 to 175 metres at the new runway.
Unlike previous years, February has this time
witnessed many foggy days.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- J&K: Suspected Pakistani spy arrested in Samba district
- DNA: Reporting on war against ISIS in Mosul
- LIVE Cricket Score, IND vs NZ, 3rd ODI: Kohli hits 26th hundred as India inch closer to win
- Samajwadi Party feud LIVE: After his sacking, Ramgopal Yadav writes to Mulayam, says 'you're surrounded by evil forces'
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' row: Raj Thackeray says Rs 5 crore 'penance' for signing Pakistani artistes
- Kerala dress code row: 'Why not 'mundus' for men, if 'sarees' for women'
- PM Narendra Modi warns of 'surgical strikes' against black money, corruption