Fog disrupts flight operations at IGI
New Delhi: Dense fog enveloped the IGI
Airport Thursday morning, delaying 15 flights.
Though there was shallow fog all through the night, there
was no disruption in operations, an airport official said.
The fog started to become dense around 7: 30 am and
general visibility dipped to less than 50 metres while runway
visibility decreased to around 100 metres on main and new
Since runway visibility dipped to below permissible take
off limit of 125 and 150 metres for different types of
aircraft, some flights were delayed.
Yesterday, around 86 flights were delayed due to poor
weather conditions and operational reasons.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA : When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism?
- Drunk girl assaults Mumbai police in Worli
- Arun Jaitley upset with Subramaniam Swami's Twitter attack
- Bombay HC to pronounce verdict on entry of woman to Haji Ali Dargah today
- DNA: When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism? - Part II
- Hafiz Saeed's son-in-law masterminded terror attack on CRPF convoy in Pampore: Report
- Lionel Messi retirement: Argentine president, Diego Maradona ask him not to quit
- Global stocks extend losses, sterling near 30-year lows in Brexit aftermath
- Gunbattle breaks out between security forces, militants in J&K's Kupwara
- American Senator wants US to stop issuing visas to Indians