Fog disrupts flights, sunny day ahead in Delhi
New Delhi: Delhiites woke up Friday to heavy fog, which delayed the landing of a few flights and led to the diversion of some. The weather office predicted a bright and sunny day ahead.
"Mist and heavy fog early morning, but it will be mainly clear sky with sun shining bright today (Friday)," an India Meteorological Department (IMD) official said.
The fog disrupted air services and at least six domestic flights had to be delayed.
"Flights from Bangalore, Mangalore, Jaipur and Pune to Delhi were delayed due to poor visibility. Some flights were even asked to land at other airports," an official at the Indira Gandhi Airport said.
Delhi recorded a minimum of 15.6 degrees Celsius - six notches above the average for this time of the season - while the maximum temperature is likely to hover around 21.8 degrees.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday