Fog hits flight operations at IGI
New Delhi: Flight operations came to a
standstill at the IGI Airport here Friday morning after dense
fog enveloped the area.
More than 40 domestic and international flights have been
delayed, while nine arriving and departing flights were
The visibility at the runway dropped to 50 metres as a
result no flights could take off since 6:AM. The minimum
visibility is 125 metres and 150 metres for various categories
The visibility started to decrease in the wee hours as a
result one Jet Airways flight from Doha was diverted to
As the visibility hovered between 75 metres and 50
metres, some of the flights landed using CAT III B instrument
landing system, which allows a compliant aircraft to land when
the runway visibility is 50 metres.
The visibility is likely to improve as the day
progresses, according to Met department.
Yesterday, around 143 flights were delayed and nine
cancelled due to poor weather at destination or operational
- Why should religion become a basis to fight for women's rights?
- Why should religion become a basis to fight for women's rights? - Part II
- Why should religion become a basis to fight for women's rights? - Part III
- Why should religion become a basis to fight for women's rights? - Part IV
- Will Sonia Gandhi reveal the truth behind AgustaWestland chopper scam?
- Sensex cracks below 26,000-mark, tanks 461 points
- Ranbir Kapoor's superhero dreams shattered?
- Make PM Narendra Modi's educational qualification public; people want to know truth: Arvind Kejriwal
- PM Narendra Modi takes his place alongside other world leaders at Madame Tussauds
- Indra Nooyi, Satya Nadella, Bhavesh Patel among highest paid CEOs in world