Fog, icy winds make Delhiites shiver
New Delhi: A blanket of fog and icy breeze made for a cold Tuesday morning in the capital as the minimum temperature fell to 9.3 degrees Celsius -- two notches above average.
"The capital registered 0.5 mm of rain till 8.30 a.m. The visibility was 400 metres and humidity 97 percent," an India Meteorological Department (IMD) official told said.
The Met office said a light blanket of fog would cover the city through the day and it would get dense in the evening.
"The maximum temperature is expected to hover around 19 degrees," the official added.
Monday`s minimum temperature settled at 10.5 degrees -- three notches above average, while the maximum was recorded at 20.3 degrees.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive chat with Ranchi's visually challenged singer Tumpa Kumari
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- DNA: Growing Russia-China ties a concern for India
- Kailash Vijayvargiya on Akshay Singh's death: Is a journalist bigger than me?
- Woman set ablaze in UP, Akhilesh orders magisterial probe
- Shahid Kapoor-Mira Rajput wedding: Check out their first picture as a couple!
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Vyapam scam: After over 45 deaths, can Shivraj Singh Chouhan resist CBI probe?
- Vyapam scam: Congress accuses MP CM of 'misleading' people, demands his resignation
- No bomb found on Turkish Airlines flight which made emergency landing in Delhi