Fog, icy winds make Delhiites shiver
New Delhi: A blanket of fog and icy breeze made for a cold Tuesday morning in the capital as the minimum temperature fell to 9.3 degrees Celsius -- two notches above average.
"The capital registered 0.5 mm of rain till 8.30 a.m. The visibility was 400 metres and humidity 97 percent," an India Meteorological Department (IMD) official told said.
The Met office said a light blanket of fog would cover the city through the day and it would get dense in the evening.
"The maximum temperature is expected to hover around 19 degrees," the official added.
Monday`s minimum temperature settled at 10.5 degrees -- three notches above average, while the maximum was recorded at 20.3 degrees.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Olympic bronze medallist Sakshi Malik returns home from Rio to grand welcome!
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?
- Is Sonakshi Sinha a part of Salman Khan’s ‘Dabangg 3’? Here’s the answer
- Kareena Kapoor Khan not in ‘Veerey Di Wedding’? Sonam Kapoor will tell you the truth
- Magnitude 6.4 quake hits Italy near Perugia – USGS
- Turning the tide on hair loss
- Rajnath Singh in Kashmir, says those who believe in 'Kashmiriyat' are welcome for talks