Fog, icy winds make Delhiites shiver
New Delhi: A blanket of fog and icy breeze made for a cold Tuesday morning in the capital as the minimum temperature fell to 9.3 degrees Celsius -- two notches above average.
"The capital registered 0.5 mm of rain till 8.30 a.m. The visibility was 400 metres and humidity 97 percent," an India Meteorological Department (IMD) official told said.
The Met office said a light blanket of fog would cover the city through the day and it would get dense in the evening.
"The maximum temperature is expected to hover around 19 degrees," the official added.
Monday`s minimum temperature settled at 10.5 degrees -- three notches above average, while the maximum was recorded at 20.3 degrees.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- DNA: Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; Seven Pak Rangers killed
- DNA: Analysing the existing poor condition of Indian education system
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you