Fog, icy winds make Delhiites shiver
New Delhi: A blanket of fog and icy breeze made for a cold Tuesday morning in the capital as the minimum temperature fell to 9.3 degrees Celsius -- two notches above average.
"The capital registered 0.5 mm of rain till 8.30 a.m. The visibility was 400 metres and humidity 97 percent," an India Meteorological Department (IMD) official told said.
The Met office said a light blanket of fog would cover the city through the day and it would get dense in the evening.
"The maximum temperature is expected to hover around 19 degrees," the official added.
Monday`s minimum temperature settled at 10.5 degrees -- three notches above average, while the maximum was recorded at 20.3 degrees.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajinikanth's 'Kabali' releases early morning at 6 am in Mumbai!
- Jharkhand: Zee Media honors ten environmentalists with Green Warrior Award
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley?
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part II
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part III
- 1st Test, Day 1: Virat Kohli's brilliant ton puts India on top against West Indies
- Donald Trump accepts Republican nomination, accuses Hillary Clinton of legacy of "death, destruction, terrorism”
- Former Portugal prime minister Guterres front runner to be next UN chief
- Asian markets sink as stimulus hopes rolled back
- Lodha panel report: CAB cancels AGM after SC's verdict