Fog, icy winds make Delhiites shiver
New Delhi: A blanket of fog and icy breeze made for a cold Tuesday morning in the capital as the minimum temperature fell to 9.3 degrees Celsius -- two notches above average.
"The capital registered 0.5 mm of rain till 8.30 a.m. The visibility was 400 metres and humidity 97 percent," an India Meteorological Department (IMD) official told said.
The Met office said a light blanket of fog would cover the city through the day and it would get dense in the evening.
"The maximum temperature is expected to hover around 19 degrees," the official added.
Monday`s minimum temperature settled at 10.5 degrees -- three notches above average, while the maximum was recorded at 20.3 degrees.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- More than 9 lakh people participated in the oath-taking ceremony of Donald Trump
- DNA: Analyzing the harmful effects of selfies
- Report of a taxi driver who lends helping hand to patients in Mumbai
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog