Fog leads to 10-vehicle pile-up on Yamuna Expressway
Greater Noida: Dense fog on Monday resulted in a ten vehicle pile-up on the Yamuna Expressway, leaving more than 10 persons injured.
SP (Rural) Ashok Kumar said, "Due to fog around 10 vehicles collided on the Yamuna Expressway near sports city.
"The incident took place around 8 am. Around six persons were injured and admitted to hospitals. More pile ups at the same stretch were reported later in which some other persons suffered injuries," he said.
An eyewitness at the spot claimed that one person was apparently killed in the mishap. However, police denied that any death had taken place.
The eyewitnesses also claimed that 20 vehicles were involved in the pile-up.
Yamuna Expressway management said they have put up display boards for drivers to drive slow and use fog lights during bad weather.
As there were no buildings around the 165 kilometre stretch, the fog was dense.
"We appeal to the drivers to drive carefully on the Yamuna Expressway and Noida-Greater Noida expressway," said the SP.
"Eleven injured accident victims were admitted today," said doctors at Kailash Hospital.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Admissions 2015: Know India's best ranking Universities
- Yasin Bhatkal calls wife from Hyderabad jail, talks of 'help from Damascus'
- DNA: Analysis of first SECC survey in eight decades
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Five guerrillas, one soldier killed near LoC
- 3rd Test, Day 2: Sri Lanka rattle Pakistan in decider
- Indian Mujahideen chief Yasin Bhatkal indicates Islamic State will help him get out of jail soon
- Missing UK schoolgirls seen carrying Kalashnikov rifle in ISIS's Raqqa?