Fog leads to 10-vehicle pile-up on Yamuna Expressway
Greater Noida: Dense fog on Monday resulted in a ten vehicle pile-up on the Yamuna Expressway, leaving more than 10 persons injured.
SP (Rural) Ashok Kumar said, "Due to fog around 10 vehicles collided on the Yamuna Expressway near sports city.
"The incident took place around 8 am. Around six persons were injured and admitted to hospitals. More pile ups at the same stretch were reported later in which some other persons suffered injuries," he said.
An eyewitness at the spot claimed that one person was apparently killed in the mishap. However, police denied that any death had taken place.
The eyewitnesses also claimed that 20 vehicles were involved in the pile-up.
Yamuna Expressway management said they have put up display boards for drivers to drive slow and use fog lights during bad weather.
As there were no buildings around the 165 kilometre stretch, the fog was dense.
"We appeal to the drivers to drive carefully on the Yamuna Expressway and Noida-Greater Noida expressway," said the SP.
"Eleven injured accident victims were admitted today," said doctors at Kailash Hospital.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar Part II
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar Part III
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar Part IV
- Olympic bronze medallist Sakshi Malik returns home from Rio to grand welcome!
- India, US prepare blueprint for multi-agency centre to tackle terror activities
- Actor-politician Ramya refuses to apologise for 'Pakistan is not hell' remark
- Pakistan briefs China on alleged human rights violations in Kashmir Valley
- Russia loses appeal against Paralympics ban in Rio next month
- Google unveils Android Nougat for Nexus devices