Fog leads to 10-vehicle pile-up on Yamuna Expressway
Greater Noida: Dense fog on Monday resulted in a ten vehicle pile-up on the Yamuna Expressway, leaving more than 10 persons injured.
SP (Rural) Ashok Kumar said, "Due to fog around 10 vehicles collided on the Yamuna Expressway near sports city.
"The incident took place around 8 am. Around six persons were injured and admitted to hospitals. More pile ups at the same stretch were reported later in which some other persons suffered injuries," he said.
An eyewitness at the spot claimed that one person was apparently killed in the mishap. However, police denied that any death had taken place.
The eyewitnesses also claimed that 20 vehicles were involved in the pile-up.
Yamuna Expressway management said they have put up display boards for drivers to drive slow and use fog lights during bad weather.
As there were no buildings around the 165 kilometre stretch, the fog was dense.
"We appeal to the drivers to drive carefully on the Yamuna Expressway and Noida-Greater Noida expressway," said the SP.
"Eleven injured accident victims were admitted today," said doctors at Kailash Hospital.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city