Fog leads to 10-vehicle pile-up on Yamuna Expressway
Greater Noida: Dense fog on Monday resulted in a ten vehicle pile-up on the Yamuna Expressway, leaving more than 10 persons injured.
SP (Rural) Ashok Kumar said, "Due to fog around 10 vehicles collided on the Yamuna Expressway near sports city.
"The incident took place around 8 am. Around six persons were injured and admitted to hospitals. More pile ups at the same stretch were reported later in which some other persons suffered injuries," he said.
An eyewitness at the spot claimed that one person was apparently killed in the mishap. However, police denied that any death had taken place.
The eyewitnesses also claimed that 20 vehicles were involved in the pile-up.
Yamuna Expressway management said they have put up display boards for drivers to drive slow and use fog lights during bad weather.
As there were no buildings around the 165 kilometre stretch, the fog was dense.
"We appeal to the drivers to drive carefully on the Yamuna Expressway and Noida-Greater Noida expressway," said the SP.
"Eleven injured accident victims were admitted today," said doctors at Kailash Hospital.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- I pay my tribute to martyr Naresh Pal: PM Narendra Modi
- Some people are creating confusion between me and my father: Akhilesh Yadav
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees