Fog leads to 10-vehicle pile-up on Yamuna Expressway
Greater Noida: Dense fog on Monday resulted in a ten vehicle pile-up on the Yamuna Expressway, leaving more than 10 persons injured.
SP (Rural) Ashok Kumar said, "Due to fog around 10 vehicles collided on the Yamuna Expressway near sports city.
"The incident took place around 8 am. Around six persons were injured and admitted to hospitals. More pile ups at the same stretch were reported later in which some other persons suffered injuries," he said.
An eyewitness at the spot claimed that one person was apparently killed in the mishap. However, police denied that any death had taken place.
The eyewitnesses also claimed that 20 vehicles were involved in the pile-up.
Yamuna Expressway management said they have put up display boards for drivers to drive slow and use fog lights during bad weather.
As there were no buildings around the 165 kilometre stretch, the fog was dense.
"We appeal to the drivers to drive carefully on the Yamuna Expressway and Noida-Greater Noida expressway," said the SP.
"Eleven injured accident victims were admitted today," said doctors at Kailash Hospital.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of 17 years of Kargil war history
- DNA: Analysis of 17 years of Kargil war history- Part II
- DNA: Analysis of doping controversies of Narsingh Yadav and Inderjeet Singh
- DNA: Analysis of doping controversies of Narsingh Yadav and Inderjeet Singh- Part II
- DNA: Analysis of Indian boat patrols on Ladakh's Pangong Tso Lake
- Parliament passes bill to allow kids below 14 to be engaged in 'home-based work'
- NASA discovers alien solar system with tighlty packed planets in unsusual orbits
- PMO directs Niti Aayog to work on restructuring of UGC, AICTE
- Roger Federer pulls out of Rio Olympics following ongoing knee trouble
- Super 30 founder wants 'level playing field' for marginalised students at IIT entrance