Fog leaves over 50 trains rescheduled
New Delhi: Despite improved visibility, the Northern Railways on Saturday rescheduled more than 50 services even as over 140 trains arrived here several hours behind schedule.
According to a Northern Railway spokesperson, the delays and reschedulings were due to foggy weather conditions in several parts of north India and "late running of corresponding trains".
Among the trains rescheduled were New Delhi-Sealdah Duronto Express, New Delhi-Bhopal Shatabdi Express, New Delhi-Howrah Rajdhani Express, New Delhi-Sealdah Poorva Express, New Delhi-Puri Purushottam Express and New Delhi-Hyderabad AP Express among others.
Similarly the late running trains included Mumbai Central-Hazrat Nizamuddin Express, August Kranti Express and Rajdhani Express trains from Sealdah and Howrah.
Railways had earlier announced cancellation of about 19 trains till January 31 to handle the situation.
The Northern Railway has already suffered a loss of 10 crore in this week alone due to cancellations, the spokesperson said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan
- 'Intolerance brigade' attacks Zee News' #FatehKaFatwa host Tarek Fateh - WATCH