Fog leaves over 50 trains rescheduled
New Delhi: Despite improved visibility, the Northern Railways on Saturday rescheduled more than 50 services even as over 140 trains arrived here several hours behind schedule.
According to a Northern Railway spokesperson, the delays and reschedulings were due to foggy weather conditions in several parts of north India and "late running of corresponding trains".
Among the trains rescheduled were New Delhi-Sealdah Duronto Express, New Delhi-Bhopal Shatabdi Express, New Delhi-Howrah Rajdhani Express, New Delhi-Sealdah Poorva Express, New Delhi-Puri Purushottam Express and New Delhi-Hyderabad AP Express among others.
Similarly the late running trains included Mumbai Central-Hazrat Nizamuddin Express, August Kranti Express and Rajdhani Express trains from Sealdah and Howrah.
Railways had earlier announced cancellation of about 19 trains till January 31 to handle the situation.
The Northern Railway has already suffered a loss of 10 crore in this week alone due to cancellations, the spokesperson said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Salman Khan’s ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’ trailer creates a record!
- Indrani Mukerjea's FSL report rules out drug overdose, says no chemicals found in stomach wash
- Lynching case in Dadri: Rahul meets victim Iqlakh's family, says touched by people's desire to maintain harmony
- Muslims banned from Garba in Gujarat's Mandvi; Hindus asked to sprinkle cow urine on themselves