Fog partially disrupts flight operations at IGI
New Delhi: Flight operations at the IGI
Airport were partially affected due to poor visibility after
dense fog enveloped the area this morning.
Fog started to descend over the airport late last night,
forcing authorities to implement low visibility procedures.
About 15 flights were delayed or cancelled due to poor
weather conditions at the destinations or operational reason.
Yesterday, around 78 flights were delayed and six
cancelled due to operational reasons or bad weather at the
The runway visibility dipped to around 700 metres on main
runway while it hovered around 300 metres at the new and
second runways, an airport official said.
Yesterday, around 420 flights operated using CAT I and
CAT II instrument landing system.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analyzing ground reality of life of poor and vagrant people in India
- DNA: Analysis of press conference between Rajnath Singh and Mehbooba Mufti on Kashmir violence
- DNA: Analysis of India's weaknesses in new inventions and discoveries
- DNA: Prasoon Joshi's hard-hitting poem depicting society's mentality towards females
- DNA: Encouraging the traditional Indian habit of eating food with hands
- Indian submarine documents stolen, not leaked: French source
- Stephen Constantine names probable squad for Puerto Rico match
- RBI lets banks issue masala bonds, to accept corporate bonds in LAF
- Angry Mehbooba ends press meet with Rajnath abruptly
- Triple treble: How Usain Bolt stormed to another set of gold medals at Rio Olympics – VIDEO