Fog woes continue in Delhi, trains delayed
New Delhi: Dense fog in the national capital Thursday morning delayed trains, an official said. Flights were, however, not disrupted.
According to the India Meteorological Department (IMD), visibility dropped to less than 300 meters in some parts of the city at 8.30 am.
“As a result, 25 trains were delayed, two were cancelled and two rescheduled," said a Northern Railway official.
However, the arrival and the departure of flights from the Indira Gandhi International Airport were not affected Thursday, said an airport official.
"The weather is better today (Thursday). The visibility is also better than what it was in the past two days. The flights arrival and departure are unlikely to get affected today (Thursday)," said Kapil Sabarwal, spokesperson at the IGI airport.
The IMD has forecast a sunny and clear day ahead.
The minimum temperature Thursday morning was recorded at 8.9 degrees Celsius, a notch above the season`s average, while the maximum temperature is likely to hover around 22.3 degrees Celsius.
The Met Office said Delhi will experience a clear sky, but fog may return late evening.
The national capital has been witnessing dense fog since Monday and as per the Met Office, there will be no respite for the next few days.
Wednesday`s maximum temperature was recorded at 23 degrees Celsius, while the minimum temperature dropped to 9 degrees Celsius.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- Five unmanned parachute-like objects spotted over Mumbai airport
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- Dawood's intercepted phone calls prove yet again he is in Pakistan
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- Delhi's 2015 CBSE Class 12 topper M Gayatri talks to Zee Media
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man? Part-2
- One year of Modi govt: PM addresses mega rally in Mathura
- No respite from heat for next three days: IMD
- Police registers case after parachute-like objects were spotted over Mumbai airport
- Growing medical negligence in Delhi's AIIMS
- DNA: Sikh man in New Zealand removed his turban to help injured kid
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- Heatwave claims over 550 lives so far, Delhi saw hottest day
- Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 declared
- LIVE - Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced shortly
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- Check WBBSE (wbresults.nic.in) Class 12th Results: West Bengal Board (wbscvet.org) Higher Secondary Class XII Vocational Results to be declared today at 4 PM
- Two dead, over 100 injured as Muri Express derails in UP; Prabhu announces Rs 2 lakhs ex-gratia for kin of dead
- Mathura rally: PM Modi slams 'corrupt' UPA regime, lauds NDA govt's efforts in past one year
- PM Narendra Modi's Mathura rally: As it happened
- CBSE Class 12 results out: Here's how you can check
- Public rally on 100 days of AAP govt: As it happened
- CBSE Board 12th XII Results 2015: Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced today at 12 Noon
- Kejriwal lists AAP govt's achievements of 100 days, slams Centre's 'dictatorial attitude'
- Arvind Kejriwal's Aam Aadmi Party changes its logo
- Unidentified flying objects spotted over Mumbai airport not motorised: Home Department