Foggy, chilly Monday morning in Delhi
New Delhi: Delhiites on Monday woke to a chilly and foggy morning with minimum temperature settling at 9.4 degrees, a notch below normal for this time of year. The Met office forecast that the skies would clear later in the day.
"The fog will clear as the day progresses and the day would be sunny. However the evening might be cold," an official of the India Meteorological Department (IMD) said.
The maximum temperature is expected to hover around 21 degrees Celsius.
According to IMD, chill and cloudy weather will persist in Delhi but no rain is predicted for the next three days.
"The next three days will be clear. Another western disturbance Feb 21 will bring back light rain and thunderstorms for two or three days," LS Rathore, director general, India Meteorological Department (IMD), told a news agency.
Delhi received 2.1 mm of rainfall Sunday 5:30 pm to 8.30 am on Monday.
Humidity at 8:30 am was 94 percent; in the morning visibility was reduced to 100 metres.
Sunday`s maximum temperature fell five notches below average to 19.5 degrees Celsius, while minimum temperature was 12 degrees, a notch above average.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Admissions 2015: Know India's best ranking Universities
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- Watch: Top 25 Headlines @ 12 pm
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- 3rd Test, Day 2: Sri Lanka rattle Pakistan in decider
- Indian Mujahideen chief Yasin Bhatkal indicates Islamic State will help him get out of jail soon
- Missing UK schoolgirls seen carrying Kalashnikov rifle in ISIS's Raqqa?
- Met Dawood Ibrahim in London, he wanted to return to India: Ram Jethmalani