Foggy, chilly Monday morning in Delhi
New Delhi: Delhiites on Monday woke to a chilly and foggy morning with minimum temperature settling at 9.4 degrees, a notch below normal for this time of year. The Met office forecast that the skies would clear later in the day.
"The fog will clear as the day progresses and the day would be sunny. However the evening might be cold," an official of the India Meteorological Department (IMD) said.
The maximum temperature is expected to hover around 21 degrees Celsius.
According to IMD, chill and cloudy weather will persist in Delhi but no rain is predicted for the next three days.
"The next three days will be clear. Another western disturbance Feb 21 will bring back light rain and thunderstorms for two or three days," LS Rathore, director general, India Meteorological Department (IMD), told a news agency.
Delhi received 2.1 mm of rainfall Sunday 5:30 pm to 8.30 am on Monday.
Humidity at 8:30 am was 94 percent; in the morning visibility was reduced to 100 metres.
Sunday`s maximum temperature fell five notches below average to 19.5 degrees Celsius, while minimum temperature was 12 degrees, a notch above average.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- UP elections: Mulayam Singh says he will campaign for son Akhilesh
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- Virat Kohli vs Sachin Tendulkar: Who is a better cricketer? Read what Virender Sehwag has to say