Foggy, chilly morning in Delhi
New Delhi: It was a foggy and chilly morning in the capital Tuesday with the minimum temperature settling a notch above average at 7.9 degrees Celsius. The met office has forecast a foggy day with chilly winds.
The India Meteorological Department (IMD) said visibility at 8.30 a.m. was 200 metres while the humidity was recorded at 97 percent.
"A light blanket of fog will envelope the city through the day accompanied by chilly winds," an IMD official told reporters.
"The maximum temperature is expected to hover around 19 degrees," the official added.
Monday`s minimum temperature was recorded at 11.6 degrees, five degrees above average, while the maximum settled at 19.7 degrees.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India successfully test launches first ever indigenous space shuttle
- PM Modi to meet top Iranian leaders today
- Pakistan denounces US drone strike on Taliban chief Mullah Mansoor
- BJP's Roopa Ganguly attacked by Trinamool workers near Kolkata
- PM Modi in Tehran: India, Iran sign historic pact on Chabahar port
- Mann Ki Baat: PM pitches for saving 'every drop' of water during Monsoon
- Mann Ki Baat: PM Modi praises Sonowal for performing his duty despite polls
- Nearly two lakh students appear for JEE (Advanced) exam
- Greek parliament approves controversial new bailout measures
- French Open 2016: Andy Murray, Stan Wawrinka face Czech challenge in Paris