Foggy morning in Delhi
New Delhi: A fog cover enveloped the capital early on Friday but later lifted to give way to a bright day. The minimum temperature saw a rise of three degrees above the average for this time of the year.
"There is a western disturbance approaching Delhi, because of which there is a rise in the minimum temperature. It was 9.6 degrees Celsius," according to an India Meteorological Department (IMD) official.
"There was a fog cover in the morning too, but it gave way to clear skies and a warm day. The maximum temperature is expected to hover around 27 degrees," the official added.
An airport official said Low Visibility Procedures (LVP) had to be implemented on one of the runways at 7.30 a.m. because of the fog.
"However, there were no cancellations or diversion of flights at that time," the official said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday