Foggy morning in Delhi
New Delhi: A fog cover enveloped the capital early on Friday but later lifted to give way to a bright day. The minimum temperature saw a rise of three degrees above the average for this time of the year.
"There is a western disturbance approaching Delhi, because of which there is a rise in the minimum temperature. It was 9.6 degrees Celsius," according to an India Meteorological Department (IMD) official.
"There was a fog cover in the morning too, but it gave way to clear skies and a warm day. The maximum temperature is expected to hover around 27 degrees," the official added.
An airport official said Low Visibility Procedures (LVP) had to be implemented on one of the runways at 7.30 a.m. because of the fog.
"However, there were no cancellations or diversion of flights at that time," the official said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Discussion over if Pak is in fear of war after India's stringent initiative on Uri terror attack?
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3