FONRWA members postpone protest on DND toll hike
Noida: Federation of Noida Residents Welfare Association (FONRWA) on Monday postponed their agitation against the DND toll hike for the next 10 days following a request in this regard by District Magistrate Kumar Ravikant Singh.
FONRWA had earlier given an ultimatum to Noida Toll Bridge Company Limited to roll back the hike in toll fee by April 8 failing which Noida residents shall resort to dharna agitation from April 9, sources said.
The DM and the City Magistrate today meet the FONRWA delegation and convinced them to postpone the protest.
"After a detailed discussion, the DM and City Magistrate, asked us to postpone the dharna agitation to which we agreed," said FONRWA member AN Dhawan said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Tamasha movie review: Poignant and riveting; Ranbir's the master here!
- It's a Black Hole Friday for NASA!
- Shocking! Anurag Basu feels Salman Khan is ‘boring’?
- Kapil Sharma organises ‘wedding’ ceremony for married Harbhajan Singh, Geeta Basra?
- Kim Jong-Un issues bizarre diktat, asks North Korean men to copy his hairstyle, women to follow his wife