FONRWA members postpone protest on DND toll hike
Noida: Federation of Noida Residents Welfare Association (FONRWA) on Monday postponed their agitation against the DND toll hike for the next 10 days following a request in this regard by District Magistrate Kumar Ravikant Singh.
FONRWA had earlier given an ultimatum to Noida Toll Bridge Company Limited to roll back the hike in toll fee by April 8 failing which Noida residents shall resort to dharna agitation from April 9, sources said.
The DM and the City Magistrate today meet the FONRWA delegation and convinced them to postpone the protest.
"After a detailed discussion, the DM and City Magistrate, asked us to postpone the dharna agitation to which we agreed," said FONRWA member AN Dhawan said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’