FONRWA members postpone protest on DND toll hike
Noida: Federation of Noida Residents Welfare Association (FONRWA) on Monday postponed their agitation against the DND toll hike for the next 10 days following a request in this regard by District Magistrate Kumar Ravikant Singh.
FONRWA had earlier given an ultimatum to Noida Toll Bridge Company Limited to roll back the hike in toll fee by April 8 failing which Noida residents shall resort to dharna agitation from April 9, sources said.
The DM and the City Magistrate today meet the FONRWA delegation and convinced them to postpone the protest.
"After a detailed discussion, the DM and City Magistrate, asked us to postpone the dharna agitation to which we agreed," said FONRWA member AN Dhawan said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Karan Johar visits 'Befikre' sets, gets emotional cherishing 'Dilwale Dulhania Le Jayenge' days!
- Bizarre: Man puts wife at stake in IPL gambling, loses her
- Awesome! Taapsee Pannu gives a dose of royal purple to her gorgeous tresses! – See pic
- Stunner Shilpa Shetty gives ultimate 'summer fashion' goals in crisp white!
- Is Delhi on terror radar? This week's bus explosion in Haryana hints at 'something big'