FONRWA members postpone protest on DND toll hike
Noida: Federation of Noida Residents Welfare Association (FONRWA) on Monday postponed their agitation against the DND toll hike for the next 10 days following a request in this regard by District Magistrate Kumar Ravikant Singh.
FONRWA had earlier given an ultimatum to Noida Toll Bridge Company Limited to roll back the hike in toll fee by April 8 failing which Noida residents shall resort to dharna agitation from April 9, sources said.
The DM and the City Magistrate today meet the FONRWA delegation and convinced them to postpone the protest.
"After a detailed discussion, the DM and City Magistrate, asked us to postpone the dharna agitation to which we agreed," said FONRWA member AN Dhawan said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Virat Kohli, Anushka Sharma announce their break-up officially: Report
- Awkward! Watch Aditi Rao Hydari speaks about Farhan Akhtar’s divorce!
- Shahi Imam meets PM Modi, demands innocent Muslims must not be harassed in name of fighting ISIS
- 12 men rape British teen girl for over 13 months; slapped with 140 years in jail
- Mahendra Singh Dhoni: I allow bowlers to set the field in T20 cricket