FONRWA members postpone protest on DND toll hike
Noida: Federation of Noida Residents Welfare Association (FONRWA) on Monday postponed their agitation against the DND toll hike for the next 10 days following a request in this regard by District Magistrate Kumar Ravikant Singh.
FONRWA had earlier given an ultimatum to Noida Toll Bridge Company Limited to roll back the hike in toll fee by April 8 failing which Noida residents shall resort to dharna agitation from April 9, sources said.
The DM and the City Magistrate today meet the FONRWA delegation and convinced them to postpone the protest.
"After a detailed discussion, the DM and City Magistrate, asked us to postpone the dharna agitation to which we agreed," said FONRWA member AN Dhawan said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Is Pakistan terrified of Yogi Adityanath as Uttar Pradesh CM?
- Should Ram Mandir issue be resolved through mutual understanding?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Yogi Adityanath took THESE 20 big actions in just 75 hours after becoming UP CM