Food Security Bill a milestone: Congress
New Delhi: Congress on Monday hailed the Food
Security Bill approved by the Union Cabinet as a "milestone"
like that of the MNREGA and Right to Information Act.
"It is an extremely innovative scheme which is
practically efficacious and economically sagacious. It is a
milestone. Such a creative initiative has not been thought for
decades," party Spokesman Abhishek Singhvi told reporters
In response to questions about differences in the Cabinet
on the measure, he said there were "no doubting Thomas" in the
government and raising questions about viability in fact would
help in its proper implementation.
Singhvi`s remark came a day after BSP chief Mayawati
termed the bill as a ploy of the UPA to gain political mileage
ahead of the upcoming Assembly polls in Uttar Pradesh,
Uttarakhand and Punjab.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- BMC elections 2017: Who will be the Mayor of Mumbai?
- Coimbatore: PM Narendra Modi unveils 112-foot tall bust of Lord Shiva
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's remark on terrorists
- Zee Media Exclusive: In conversation with BJP President Amit Shah