Food Security Bill a milestone: Congress
New Delhi: Congress on Monday hailed the Food
Security Bill approved by the Union Cabinet as a "milestone"
like that of the MNREGA and Right to Information Act.
"It is an extremely innovative scheme which is
practically efficacious and economically sagacious. It is a
milestone. Such a creative initiative has not been thought for
decades," party Spokesman Abhishek Singhvi told reporters
In response to questions about differences in the Cabinet
on the measure, he said there were "no doubting Thomas" in the
government and raising questions about viability in fact would
help in its proper implementation.
Singhvi`s remark came a day after BSP chief Mayawati
termed the bill as a ploy of the UPA to gain political mileage
ahead of the upcoming Assembly polls in Uttar Pradesh,
Uttarakhand and Punjab.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- My News: People forced to pay for govt water tankers in Sangam Vihar
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- FSSAI testing more Maggi; brand ambassadors can be liable: Govt
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Assam Board (seba.net.in & resultsassam.nic.in): SEBA HSLC / AHM class 10th Results 2015 to be announced today
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi