Food Security Bill a milestone: Congress
New Delhi: Congress on Monday hailed the Food
Security Bill approved by the Union Cabinet as a "milestone"
like that of the MNREGA and Right to Information Act.
"It is an extremely innovative scheme which is
practically efficacious and economically sagacious. It is a
milestone. Such a creative initiative has not been thought for
decades," party Spokesman Abhishek Singhvi told reporters
In response to questions about differences in the Cabinet
on the measure, he said there were "no doubting Thomas" in the
government and raising questions about viability in fact would
help in its proper implementation.
Singhvi`s remark came a day after BSP chief Mayawati
termed the bill as a ploy of the UPA to gain political mileage
ahead of the upcoming Assembly polls in Uttar Pradesh,
Uttarakhand and Punjab.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened