Food Security Bill a milestone: Congress
New Delhi: Congress on Monday hailed the Food
Security Bill approved by the Union Cabinet as a "milestone"
like that of the MNREGA and Right to Information Act.
"It is an extremely innovative scheme which is
practically efficacious and economically sagacious. It is a
milestone. Such a creative initiative has not been thought for
decades," party Spokesman Abhishek Singhvi told reporters
In response to questions about differences in the Cabinet
on the measure, he said there were "no doubting Thomas" in the
government and raising questions about viability in fact would
help in its proper implementation.
Singhvi`s remark came a day after BSP chief Mayawati
termed the bill as a ploy of the UPA to gain political mileage
ahead of the upcoming Assembly polls in Uttar Pradesh,
Uttarakhand and Punjab.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Lalu Yadav attacks PM Modi over Mahatma Gandhi's assassination
- Whole world is worried about global warming and climate change, says PM Modi
- Bihar will celebrate two Diwalis in 2015, one will be after poll results: Modi
- DNA: Analysis of Lal Bahadur Shastri's mysterious death
- DNA: Analysis of Prime Minister Modi's rapidfire politics on Gandhi Jayanti
- World can now see consequences of Pakistan occupation in PoK: India
- Indrani Mukerjea's condition critical due to drug overdose; Maha govt orders inquiry
- ISL 2015: Chennaiyin FC vs Atletico de Kolkata - Preview
- Singh Is Bliing movie review: Watch it for Akshay Kumar!
- Watch: NASA releases best images of Pluto's largest moon, Charon