Food Security Bill a milestone: Congress
New Delhi: Congress on Monday hailed the Food
Security Bill approved by the Union Cabinet as a "milestone"
like that of the MNREGA and Right to Information Act.
"It is an extremely innovative scheme which is
practically efficacious and economically sagacious. It is a
milestone. Such a creative initiative has not been thought for
decades," party Spokesman Abhishek Singhvi told reporters
In response to questions about differences in the Cabinet
on the measure, he said there were "no doubting Thomas" in the
government and raising questions about viability in fact would
help in its proper implementation.
Singhvi`s remark came a day after BSP chief Mayawati
termed the bill as a ploy of the UPA to gain political mileage
ahead of the upcoming Assembly polls in Uttar Pradesh,
Uttarakhand and Punjab.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why does media give unnecessary importance to terrorists?
- Why does media give unnecessary importance to terrorists? - Part II
- Why does media give unnecessary importance to terrorists? - Part III
- Why does media give unnecessary importance to terrorists? - Part IV
- Why are schools insensitive over complexities of poor families?
- Lawless UP: Dalit couple hacked to death for Rs 15 in Mulayam Singh Yadav's bastion Mainpuri
- GST Bill: Efforts to hammer out consensus gathers momentum, likely to be tabled in Rajya Sabha next week
- Brexit shockwaves hit British jobs, consumer confidence
- Mandsaur Muslim women assault case: Four accused held as victims narrate tale of horror
- Rupee rules firm for 3rd day, up 10 paise to 67.04 Vs USD