Food security cards to be given from Aug 20: Sheila Dikshit
New Delhi: The Delhi government would distribute food security scheme cards to beneficiaries on the occasion of the welfare initiative`s formal launch Aug 20, Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit said Sunday.
"The cards would help in realising food security guarantee at large," Dikshit said at a workshop for resident welfare associations in east Delhi.
The scheme is planned to be in operational from Sep 1, just a few weeks before the November assembly elections.
The scheme will benefit 5.10 lakh poor families who will get wheat at Rs 2 per kg, rice at Rs 3 per kg and coarse grain at Re1 per kg.
Dikshit said more families would be included in the scheme that revolves around the senior most woman in a household.
The Dikshit-led Congress government will be among the five party-ruled states to implement the centre`s food security scheme.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Munich attack: 18-year-old German-Iranian gunman kills 9 at shopping mall
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley?
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part II
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part III
- DNA: Analyzing the real problems of patriotic Kashmir's residents
- HILARIOUS! Virender Sehwag's take on Kohli and Kabali will leave you in splits
- Hrithik Roshan's kids Hrehaan and Hridhaan emulate daddy dearest and we are loving it! See pic
- France's Francois Hollande says Munich shooting is a ''terrorist attack''
- BSF trooper shoots dead young Muslim woman in Tripura after unsuccessful rape bid - Know what happened
- Brazilian scientists found another type of Zika-transmitting mosquito