Food security cards to be given from Aug 20: Sheila Dikshit
New Delhi: The Delhi government would distribute food security scheme cards to beneficiaries on the occasion of the welfare initiative`s formal launch Aug 20, Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit said Sunday.
"The cards would help in realising food security guarantee at large," Dikshit said at a workshop for resident welfare associations in east Delhi.
The scheme is planned to be in operational from Sep 1, just a few weeks before the November assembly elections.
The scheme will benefit 5.10 lakh poor families who will get wheat at Rs 2 per kg, rice at Rs 3 per kg and coarse grain at Re1 per kg.
Dikshit said more families would be included in the scheme that revolves around the senior most woman in a household.
The Dikshit-led Congress government will be among the five party-ruled states to implement the centre`s food security scheme.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read