Food security cards to be given from Aug 20: Sheila Dikshit
New Delhi: The Delhi government would distribute food security scheme cards to beneficiaries on the occasion of the welfare initiative`s formal launch Aug 20, Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit said Sunday.
"The cards would help in realising food security guarantee at large," Dikshit said at a workshop for resident welfare associations in east Delhi.
The scheme is planned to be in operational from Sep 1, just a few weeks before the November assembly elections.
The scheme will benefit 5.10 lakh poor families who will get wheat at Rs 2 per kg, rice at Rs 3 per kg and coarse grain at Re1 per kg.
Dikshit said more families would be included in the scheme that revolves around the senior most woman in a household.
The Dikshit-led Congress government will be among the five party-ruled states to implement the centre`s food security scheme.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: 8-year-old boy dies after falling into pothole
- Woman commits suicide in UP after posting message on social media
- Nirbhaya gang-rape convict Vinay Sharma attempts suicide in Tihar Jail
- Rajnath Singh, Mehbooba Mufti hold joint press conference on Kashmir violence
- Will appoint nodal officer for Kashmiris: Rajnath Singh
- Attack on Kabul`s American University ends as attackers killed
- Colombia announces historic peace pact
- Aamir Khan's '3 Idiots' sequel on the cards? Here's what Rajkumar Hirani has to say!
- 'Nirbhaya' gang-rape: Convict Vinay Sharma attempts suicide in Tihar Jail, admitted to hospital
- Iranian Navy in `unsafe` intercept of US destroyer: Defense official