Force-feeding of IRCTC employee: Delhi HC to hear plea on Aug 6
New Delhi: The Delhi High Court will hear on August 6 a PIL seeking direction to Lok Sabha Speaker and Chairman of Rajya Sabha to disqualify 11 Shiv Sena MPs for allegedly force-feeding a Ramzan-observing employee of IRCTC at the new `Maharashtra Sadan` here.
The plea seeks de-recognition of Shiv Sena and also initiation of criminal case against the MPs including Sanjay Rout and Rajan Vichare, who represents Thane Lok Sabha seat.
The petition, which was listed before the bench headed by Chief Justice G Rohini, was re-notified to August 6. It has been alleged that Vichare, irked over the poor quality of food, force-fed Arshad Zubair, Maharashtra Sadan catering supervisor, on July 17 before some television cameras.
The petition, filed by NGO Garib Nawaz Foundation through lawyer N K Jha, has also sought immediate arrest of the MPs for "provoking religious sentiments against the minority community".
"The action of the Shiv Sena MPs with the fasting Muslim supervisor was uncalled for and needed to be dealt with a strict action by party chief Udhav Thackeray," the PIL said.
"Forcibly shoving a `chapati` by MPs was a cowardly act as they are representatives of the people and are elected by the people for their service and not for provoking religious sentiments," it said.
It also sought a direction to the Centre to order a high level probe into the incident by a special investigation team headed by a sitting High Court judge.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- Kailash Vijayvargiya on Akshay Singh's death: Is a journalist bigger than me?
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- 'Selfie with daughter' controversy: Bollywood supports Shruti Seth