Foreign Secretary to pay two-day visit to Nepal
New Delhi: Foreign Secretary Sujatha Singh will leave for Nepal on Saturday on a two-day official visit during which she will discuss key bilateral and regional issues with the leadership there.
"The visit will provide an opportunity to review and further develop the partnership between the two countries and reiterate support for the expression of democratic aspirations by the people of Nepal," Ministry of External Affairs said here.
The visit, which comes at a time when Nepal`s political parties are sharply divided over whether to conduct polls in November or not, will provide India with an opportunity to get the first-hand assessment on the ground.
Singh is expected to meet Nepal President Ram Baran Yadav, Chairman of the Interim Election Council Khil Raj Regmi, Foreign Minister Madhav Ghimire, Chief Election Commissioner Nil Kantha Uprety and top leaders of the major political parties.
She will also review status of India-assisted projects in the Himalayan nation.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- More than 9 lakh people participated in the oath-taking ceremony of Donald Trump
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog
- VIDEO: When helicopter shot came to haunt Team India and skipper MS Dhoni himself