Foreigner arrested with drugs at IGIA
New Delhi: A Zambian woman was on Tuesday arrested for allegedly smuggling narcotics worth Rs 2.8 crore at the Indira Gandhi International Airport (IGIA) here.
The woman was intercepted at around 0040hrs at Terminal-3 of the airport by a CISF check squad.
Security officials identified the woman as Chibuye Emmlychilonga (32) from Zambia and her travel documents revealed that she was travelling to Adis Ababa on an Ethiopian Airlines flight.
"Her appearance appeared to be suspicious when she came to the airport and based on this profiling she was selected for thorough checking. On screening and physical checking of her baggages, 35 kgs of Methylenadroxhlyle, Ephedrine and Pseudoephedrine drugs were recovered in a powder form, which was concealed in clothes," a CISF officer said.
The woman was later handed over to Narcotics Control Bureau (NCB) sleuths who arrested her for further interrogation, they said.
The woman was on a tourist visa to India, they added.
Anti-narcotics sleuths estimate the value of the seized contraband, also a popular party drug, to be about Rs 2.8 crore.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Virat Kohli, Anushka Sharma announce their break-up officially: Report
- Awkward! Watch Aditi Rao Hydari speaks about Farhan Akhtar’s divorce!
- Shahi Imam meets PM Modi, demands innocent Muslims must not be harassed in name of fighting ISIS
- 12 men rape British teen girl for over 13 months; slapped with 140 years in jail
- Mahendra Singh Dhoni: I allow bowlers to set the field in T20 cricket