Foreigner arrested with drugs at IGIA
New Delhi: A Zambian woman was on Tuesday arrested for allegedly smuggling narcotics worth Rs 2.8 crore at the Indira Gandhi International Airport (IGIA) here.
The woman was intercepted at around 0040hrs at Terminal-3 of the airport by a CISF check squad.
Security officials identified the woman as Chibuye Emmlychilonga (32) from Zambia and her travel documents revealed that she was travelling to Adis Ababa on an Ethiopian Airlines flight.
"Her appearance appeared to be suspicious when she came to the airport and based on this profiling she was selected for thorough checking. On screening and physical checking of her baggages, 35 kgs of Methylenadroxhlyle, Ephedrine and Pseudoephedrine drugs were recovered in a powder form, which was concealed in clothes," a CISF officer said.
The woman was later handed over to Narcotics Control Bureau (NCB) sleuths who arrested her for further interrogation, they said.
The woman was on a tourist visa to India, they added.
Anti-narcotics sleuths estimate the value of the seized contraband, also a popular party drug, to be about Rs 2.8 crore.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- DNA: Analysing the existing poor condition of Indian education system
- DNA: Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; Seven Pak Rangers killed
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you