Foreigners held with 7 kg heroin acquitted
New Delhi: Eight foreigners have been acquitted of the charge of possessing seven kgs of heroin by a Delhi court, which said there were several "discrepancies" and "contradictions" in the prosecution`s case.
While acquitting the eight foreigners, Special NDPS Judge Anu Grover Baliga said that neither it could be held that the accused were apprehended in the manner alleged by the prosecution and contraband was recovered from them nor that they were in the exclusive possession of the raided premises.
Nigerians Jude Chidiebere, Solomon, Godson Augustine, Ebei Godfrey and Vincent, Mocambique natives Maria Lucia, Isabel Bonifacio and Thai national Supattra, arrested on April 13, 2009 from a house here, were charged under the provisions of the Narcotic Drugs and Psychotropic Substances (NDPS) Act.
"In the present case, this court is constrained to hold that the prosecution has not come forward with true narration of facts and the evidence brought on record makes it clear that the prosecution`s case is not at all probable and the apprehension of the accused and the recovery of contraband could not have taken place in the way and manner as it is alleged to have taken place," the judge said.
According to the Narcotics Control Bureau, it had got a secret information that some foreign nationals were indulging in supply of narcotic drugs by concealing them in goods.
It said NCB sleuths raided at a house in Sant Garh in Tilak Nagar area here and the accused were caught packing some white colour substance, which was found to be heroin, in suitcases and in footwears.
The investigators had said that a total of seven kgs of drugs were recovered from their possession.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Amit Shah addresses BJP's mega convention in Delhi
- Bikaner: 13-year-old schoolgirl raped by eight teachers
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Know how to link your PAN card with Aadhaar card – Here is the step by step explanation
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Kapil Sharma-Sunil Grover fight: Will it be a shutdown for 'The Kapil Sharma Show'?