Former CAG official to face JPC again
New Delhi: The Rs 1.76 lakh crore presumptive loss figure of CAG in sale of 2G spectrum will be in focus again when a former lead auditor, who has alleged that he was forced to sign the controversial report of the auditor, appears before a parliamentary panel in the next few days.
R P Singh, the former Director General Audit (Post and Telecommunication) in CAG, will appear before the Joint Parliamentary Committee on 2G scam on January 15.
He is being summoned for the second time after BJP members had recently demanded calling him.
Singh, who had headed the CAG team that audited the 2G spectrum allocation, maintained he had never put the figure of Rs 1.76 lakh crore in his draft report.
"They (senior CAG officials) told me that this is the final report and asked me through a written order to sign on it. So, I followed the instruction and signed the report,” Singh had said.
When Singh had appeared before JPC on November 14, 2011, he had taken a similar stand saying the loss due to spectrum allocation was Rs 2,645 crore and he had signed the final report on the alleged scam on the direction of his superiors.
He had told the panel that quantification of loss was not part of the objectives of the CAG audit and the final figure of Rs.1.76 lakh crore was at best a "mathematical guess".
Singh told the JPC that the Rs 2,645 crore figure, calculated by him, was the actual loss based on non-revision of entry fee for telecom operators and the figure was part of the draft report.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- President Mukherjee inspect International Fleet Review at Vishakhapatnam
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How realising the purpose of life gives you direction
- Divyansh's death not an accident, but a murder?
- Was Divyansh sexually assaulted and then murdered?
- India takes inspiration from Iran; sets up 'Hanger of Kindness' in Delhi
- VIDEO: Mohammad Amir's hat-trick in Match 2 of PSL 2016
- GHMC election results: TRS scores landslide win; TDP-BJP wiped out
- Oh so cute! PM Narendra Modi pulls Akshay Kumar's son Aarav Kumar's ear!-- See pic
- Muslim personal law can't be subjected to scrutiny by Supreme Court: Jamiat-Ulama-i-Hind
- IPL 2016 auction - As it happened...