Former Doordarshan cameraman shoots self in Delhi
New Delhi: A former cameraman with Doordarshan committed suicide by shooting himself with his revolver at his residence here Tuesday morning, police said.
Amarjeet Singh, 65, resident of Siddharth Enclave in south Delhi`s Sunlight Colony, shot himself on his right temple around 7.30 a.m.
He was rushed to the All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS) but he had died by then.
"No suicide note was recovered from him," said a police official.
The reason behind the suicide is not known, police said.
Singh, who had worked with Doordarshan channel as a senior cameraman, was living in the flat with his servant while his four sons lived outside Delhi.
"He also used to run his office from his flat," added the official.
Singh owned a company `Cine India Limited` and provided infrastructure to channels.
"The Rajya Sabha channel was using his infrastructure," said the official.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Essel Group launches 'Asha 2022' affordable housing scheme
- Soldier buried under avalanche found alive at Siachen glacier
- PM Modi praises Ekal Vidyalaya Foundation, deems mission successful
- Does religion teach gender discrimination?
- Panel discussion on detention of goat for grazing in bureaucrat's garden
- 'Achhe din': Residents of PM Modi's adopted village to get free electricity, work in full swing
- Deepika Padukone, Vin Diesel in first ‘xXx: The Return of Xander Cage’ video – Watch
- Siachen miracle: Lance Naik Koppad's wife terms her husband's 'news of being alive' as 'rebirth for family'
- How Lance Naik Hanumanthappa survived 6 days below 25 feet of snow in Siachen
- See pic: Call for further study after discovery of baboon-like creature on Mars!