Former Doordarshan cameraman shoots self in Delhi
New Delhi: A former cameraman with Doordarshan committed suicide by shooting himself with his revolver at his residence here Tuesday morning, police said.
Amarjeet Singh, 65, resident of Siddharth Enclave in south Delhi`s Sunlight Colony, shot himself on his right temple around 7.30 a.m.
He was rushed to the All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS) but he had died by then.
"No suicide note was recovered from him," said a police official.
The reason behind the suicide is not known, police said.
Singh, who had worked with Doordarshan channel as a senior cameraman, was living in the flat with his servant while his four sons lived outside Delhi.
"He also used to run his office from his flat," added the official.
Singh owned a company `Cine India Limited` and provided infrastructure to channels.
"The Rajya Sabha channel was using his infrastructure," said the official.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I am surviving only on 25% of my liver today, says Big B
- Aamir Khan's 'intolerance' comment kicks up row
- Exclusive: Sudhir Chaudhary in conversation with Aamir Khan on intolerance in India!
- Panel discussion on Aamir Khan's remark on 'intolerance'
- Rahul Gandhi spotted with hate speech convict Imran Masood in Saharanpur
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India