Former IIT Director appointed as NSA Board member
Kanpur: Padma Shri awardee and former IIT Kanpur Director Sanjay Govind Dhande has been appointed as a member of the National Security Advisory Board.
The term of appointment of Dhande is for a period of two years, an IIT Kanpur press release said here yesterday.
"National security become has multi-dimensional. Whether its technological development, cyber attack or research, all are related with National security. Central government has vested an important responsibility to me," Dhande said in the release.
NSAB consists of persons of eminence outside the Government with expertise in external security, strategic analysis, foreign affairs, defence, the armed forces, internal security, science and technology and economics.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk - Part II
- Essel Group Chairman Dr Subhash Chandra honoured in Haryana
- Watch: Essel Group Chairman Dr Subhash Chandra addresses people of Haryana
- India successfully test fires futuristic Scramjet Rocket Engine
- This teen daughter of slain Indian Army captain will leave all Muslim-haters red faced – WATCH
- India's 1-run loss to West Indies: Twitter world, especially KING VIRU go crazy
- China's top 500 firms report first revenue decline in 15 years
- ONGC hires consultant to assess reserves in GSPC KG gas block
- OMG! Young girl borrows phone from unknown people to send 'mujra' ladies for clients - WATCH what happens next