Former IIT Director appointed as NSA Board member
Kanpur: Padma Shri awardee and former IIT Kanpur Director Sanjay Govind Dhande has been appointed as a member of the National Security Advisory Board.
The term of appointment of Dhande is for a period of two years, an IIT Kanpur press release said here yesterday.
"National security become has multi-dimensional. Whether its technological development, cyber attack or research, all are related with National security. Central government has vested an important responsibility to me," Dhande said in the release.
NSAB consists of persons of eminence outside the Government with expertise in external security, strategic analysis, foreign affairs, defence, the armed forces, internal security, science and technology and economics.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state