Former IIT Director appointed as NSA Board member
Kanpur: Padma Shri awardee and former IIT Kanpur Director Sanjay Govind Dhande has been appointed as a member of the National Security Advisory Board.
The term of appointment of Dhande is for a period of two years, an IIT Kanpur press release said here yesterday.
"National security become has multi-dimensional. Whether its technological development, cyber attack or research, all are related with National security. Central government has vested an important responsibility to me," Dhande said in the release.
NSAB consists of persons of eminence outside the Government with expertise in external security, strategic analysis, foreign affairs, defence, the armed forces, internal security, science and technology and economics.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands
- Salman Khan's songs: Best five!