Former IIT Director appointed as NSA Board member
Kanpur: Padma Shri awardee and former IIT Kanpur Director Sanjay Govind Dhande has been appointed as a member of the National Security Advisory Board.
The term of appointment of Dhande is for a period of two years, an IIT Kanpur press release said here yesterday.
"National security become has multi-dimensional. Whether its technological development, cyber attack or research, all are related with National security. Central government has vested an important responsibility to me," Dhande said in the release.
NSAB consists of persons of eminence outside the Government with expertise in external security, strategic analysis, foreign affairs, defence, the armed forces, internal security, science and technology and economics.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Leander Paes, Sania Mirza advance at US Open
- Mild earthquake jolts Rajasthan, no damage reported
- Yakub Memon, Afzal Guru's executions were politically motivated: Justice AP Shah
- OROP stalemate to end soon, Govt's draft agreement ready, claim sources
- Roger Federer cleans court by removing bottles, towels left by other players