Former minister Sukh Ram not in coma: Hospital
New Delhi: Former Union Minister Sukh Ram,
convicted in a 1993 telecom scam and ordered to surrender, is
not in a state of coma, doctors attending on him said,
contradicting his counsel`s submission in a court here that he
cannot move from hospital as he is in a coma.
"It may be clarified that Shri Sukhramji was never in
coma while in hospital," Dr Wasi U Khan, Medical
Superintendent, Metro Heart Institute, Lajpat Nagar, where
Sukh Ram is admitted, said in a statement.
"His condition is generally stable other than mild
drowsiness because of low sodium," Dr Sandeep Chatrath
Group Chief, Metro Group of Hospitals, said.
The former minister`s counsel told the Delhi High court
today that Sukh Ram "has gone into coma, he cannot move from
Sukh Ram, was directed by the Supreme Court to
surrender before the trial court yesterday but he expressed
inability to do so citing medical reasons.
The former telecom minister was admitted to the Metro
Heart Institute on December 31, 2011, after he complained of
severe chest pain.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan