Former MP official to advise Delhi government
New Delhi: Madhya Pradesh`s former chief secretary SC Behar will be appointed as an adviser to the Delhi government on Swaraj legislation which is aimed at decentralising power, Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal said on Monday.
"Swaraj" or self governance was one of the key points of Aam Aadmi Party`s poll manifesto in Delhi Assembly elections.
The proposed legislation talks about establishing "mohalla sabhas (community meetings) which, the party believes, will ensure people`s participation in the decision making process.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- WATCH: MS Dhoni rips apart bowlers to smash brilliant 129-run knock in Vijay Hazare Trophy