Former MP official to advise Delhi government
New Delhi: Madhya Pradesh`s former chief secretary SC Behar will be appointed as an adviser to the Delhi government on Swaraj legislation which is aimed at decentralising power, Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal said on Monday.
"Swaraj" or self governance was one of the key points of Aam Aadmi Party`s poll manifesto in Delhi Assembly elections.
The proposed legislation talks about establishing "mohalla sabhas (community meetings) which, the party believes, will ensure people`s participation in the decision making process.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena Bora murder saga: 12 questions that police asked Peter Mukerjea during 12-hour grilling?
- Sunny Leone steamy condom ad (uncensored): Watch why this video is making news
- Indrani Mukerjea confesses to her role in Sheena Bora murder case
- 'Insulted' Samajwadi Party walks out of 'Janata Parivar', to contest Bihar polls alone
- BJP-RSS review meet, Day 2: NDA's education policy, Patel quota stir on agenda