Forward Bloc complains against Dikshit, Gupta
New Delhi: Forward Bloc has approached the State Election Commission (SEC) complaining against Delhi Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit and local BJP chief Vijender Gupta alleging that they violated the Model Code of Conduct by addressing media to "influence people" on the eve of municipal polls.
In the complaint filed by party National Secretary G Deverajan yesterday, the Forward Bloc claimed that their party had stopped their campaigning at 5:30 am on Saturday as per the SEC directions.
But the other parties indulged in serious violations of the code of conduct, he alleged.
Dikshit and Gupta addressed press conferences on Saturday evening, he said.
"Both the parties, in their press conferences, made big promises to the people and tried to counter each other on various election related issues. We are of the opinion that both the press conferences will certainly influence the people, in fact it was the aim of both the parties," Devarajan alleged.
In another complaint filed by BJP candidate Vandana Bhagat`s election agent, it was alleged that the distribution of polling slips to the voters have not been done properly.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living