Forward Bloc complains against Dikshit, Gupta
New Delhi: Forward Bloc has approached the State Election Commission (SEC) complaining against Delhi Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit and local BJP chief Vijender Gupta alleging that they violated the Model Code of Conduct by addressing media to "influence people" on the eve of municipal polls.
In the complaint filed by party National Secretary G Deverajan yesterday, the Forward Bloc claimed that their party had stopped their campaigning at 5:30 am on Saturday as per the SEC directions.
But the other parties indulged in serious violations of the code of conduct, he alleged.
Dikshit and Gupta addressed press conferences on Saturday evening, he said.
"Both the parties, in their press conferences, made big promises to the people and tried to counter each other on various election related issues. We are of the opinion that both the press conferences will certainly influence the people, in fact it was the aim of both the parties," Devarajan alleged.
In another complaint filed by BJP candidate Vandana Bhagat`s election agent, it was alleged that the distribution of polling slips to the voters have not been done properly.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- Here's why Donald Trump called PM Narendra Modi
- Gautam Gambhir gives Aussies perfect send-off, says true champions let their game do all the talking!