Forward Bloc complains against Dikshit, Gupta
New Delhi: Forward Bloc has approached the State Election Commission (SEC) complaining against Delhi Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit and local BJP chief Vijender Gupta alleging that they violated the Model Code of Conduct by addressing media to "influence people" on the eve of municipal polls.
In the complaint filed by party National Secretary G Deverajan yesterday, the Forward Bloc claimed that their party had stopped their campaigning at 5:30 am on Saturday as per the SEC directions.
But the other parties indulged in serious violations of the code of conduct, he alleged.
Dikshit and Gupta addressed press conferences on Saturday evening, he said.
"Both the parties, in their press conferences, made big promises to the people and tried to counter each other on various election related issues. We are of the opinion that both the press conferences will certainly influence the people, in fact it was the aim of both the parties," Devarajan alleged.
In another complaint filed by BJP candidate Vandana Bhagat`s election agent, it was alleged that the distribution of polling slips to the voters have not been done properly.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of public pulse through survey by Zee News on Bihar elections
- DNA: End of ISIS? Vladimir Putin to send 1,50,000 soldiers to Syria
- Russia surprises America with accord on battling ISIS
- Panel discussion on Muslim vote bank in Bihar elections
- Bihar polls: Lalu's younger son claims to be older than elder brother
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- Lalu Prasad Yadav debuts on Dubsmash, mocks PM Narendra Modi – Watch video
- India vs South Africa: How cricket fraternity reacted to crowd's disgraceful behaviour at Cuttack
- Salman Khan, Aamir Khan's friendship turns sour? Here's the truth
- BJP-led NDA predicted to win 147 seats in Bihar Assembly Elections: Survey