Forward Bloc complains against Dikshit, Gupta
New Delhi: Forward Bloc has approached the State Election Commission (SEC) complaining against Delhi Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit and local BJP chief Vijender Gupta alleging that they violated the Model Code of Conduct by addressing media to "influence people" on the eve of municipal polls.
In the complaint filed by party National Secretary G Deverajan yesterday, the Forward Bloc claimed that their party had stopped their campaigning at 5:30 am on Saturday as per the SEC directions.
But the other parties indulged in serious violations of the code of conduct, he alleged.
Dikshit and Gupta addressed press conferences on Saturday evening, he said.
"Both the parties, in their press conferences, made big promises to the people and tried to counter each other on various election related issues. We are of the opinion that both the press conferences will certainly influence the people, in fact it was the aim of both the parties," Devarajan alleged.
In another complaint filed by BJP candidate Vandana Bhagat`s election agent, it was alleged that the distribution of polling slips to the voters have not been done properly.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Jallikattu protests continue in Tamil Nadu, sea of protesters camp on Marina beach