Four arrested for abduction, murder of minor in Delhi
New Delhi: Four persons were arrested for the alleged abduction and murder of a 13-year-old boy, police said on Tuesday.
Jatin was kidnapped from Burari area in North Delhi around 12:30 pm on Saturday and strangled him to death after two hours, according to police.
Four persons identified as Sandeep, Sandeep alias Sunny, Mukesh and Gautam were arrested in the connection.
The four accused, who were debt-ridden due to their gambling habit, kidnapped the minor for ransom but due to the fear of getting caught murdered the child soon after, police said.
According to police, one of the accused is a freelance photographer while another runs a medicine store in Sant Nagar area in North Delhi. The kidnapping was made by the accused to clear their debts.
Around 5:30 pm, the kidnappers made a mobile phone call to the Jatin`s father and demanded a ransom of Rs 40 lakh.
Following which, his family had lodged a complaint at Burari police station.
Jatin`s body, with multiple injury marks, was recovered from near a drain in Alipur area of Outer Delhi on last night. He was spotted by a passer-by who informed the police.
The minor was rushed to a nearby hospital by the police, where he was declared brought dead, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi