Four arrested for duping people for fake DDA flats
New Delhi: Four men, who allegedly duped several people of Rs 3.8 crore on the pretext of getting them DDA flats allotted by posing as Delhi Development Authority officials have been arrested, police said on Tuesday.
According to police, Padam Singh, Prem Shankar Sharma, Naveen and Ajay Singh were arrested on Sunday after a trap was laid to nab them.
The gang came under the police scanner following a complaint registered by one of the victims who found that the documents handed over to him were fake.
The gang members posed as DDA officials and lured gullible customers to pay them an initial amount of money for a promised allotment of flat in west Delhi`s Paschim Vihar area, said a senior police official.
Sharma, who is said to be the kingpin of the gang, was allegedly involved in at least 17 such cases of cheating, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi HC backs LG, turns down plea challenging Jung's authority
- WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 declared on wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in
- No radioactive leak at IGI airport, say AERB and Delhi govt
- Log on to wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in for WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 WBCHSE
- Twitter war over IIT Madras row: Smriti Irani challenges Rahul Gandhi to debate over any issue, anywhere