Four arrested for duping people for fake DDA flats
New Delhi: Four men, who allegedly duped several people of Rs 3.8 crore on the pretext of getting them DDA flats allotted by posing as Delhi Development Authority officials have been arrested, police said on Tuesday.
According to police, Padam Singh, Prem Shankar Sharma, Naveen and Ajay Singh were arrested on Sunday after a trap was laid to nab them.
The gang came under the police scanner following a complaint registered by one of the victims who found that the documents handed over to him were fake.
The gang members posed as DDA officials and lured gullible customers to pay them an initial amount of money for a promised allotment of flat in west Delhi`s Paschim Vihar area, said a senior police official.
Sharma, who is said to be the kingpin of the gang, was allegedly involved in at least 17 such cases of cheating, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Afzal Guru row: JNU Students' Union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested
- Missing girl from Ghaziabad, Dipti Sarna returns; reunited with family
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit! - Part II
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police
- Fitoor movie review: Tabu overpowers, Katrina Kaif, Aditya Roy Kapur leave a lasting impact!
- Was abducted, blindfolded for four hours; Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna narrates her ordeal
- VIDEO: Shikhar Dhawan reveals impact of Yuvraj Singh in India dressing room
- Kidnappers treated me well, gave me money to reach home: Snapdeal executive Dipti Sarna's 36-hour ordeal