Four arrested for duping people for fake DDA flats
New Delhi: Four men, who allegedly duped several people of Rs 3.8 crore on the pretext of getting them DDA flats allotted by posing as Delhi Development Authority officials have been arrested, police said on Tuesday.
According to police, Padam Singh, Prem Shankar Sharma, Naveen and Ajay Singh were arrested on Sunday after a trap was laid to nab them.
The gang came under the police scanner following a complaint registered by one of the victims who found that the documents handed over to him were fake.
The gang members posed as DDA officials and lured gullible customers to pay them an initial amount of money for a promised allotment of flat in west Delhi`s Paschim Vihar area, said a senior police official.
Sharma, who is said to be the kingpin of the gang, was allegedly involved in at least 17 such cases of cheating, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- DNA: Analysing the existing poor condition of Indian education system
- DNA: Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; Seven Pak Rangers killed
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you