Four arrested, gang dealing in stolen vehicles smashed
New Delhi: Delhi Police today claimed to
have busted a gang allegedly involved in receiving stolen
vehicles with the arrest of four persons, including the son of
a BSF Sub Inspector.
The arrested have been identified as Birender (38) from
Haryana`s Palwal, Rajesh (34) from UP`s Gautam Budh Nagar and
Siraj Alam (22) and Mohd Sarik (24) from Delhi`s Govindpuri.
A truck, an auto-rickshaw, two engines and body of an
auto-rickshaw were recovered from them. The arrests came two
days ago on a tip-off that the gang headed by Rajesh would go
towards Mehrauli from Badarpur in a stolen truck, police said.
Rajesh`s father is a Sub Inspector in BSF. After leaving
studies, he started working in a motor garage and fell in "bad
company," according to police.
"In order to meet his expenses, he started receiving
stolen vehicles from several vehicle thieves and selling the
same to one Naresh who is a resident of Kanpur," a senior
police official said.
Rajesh was previously arrested in 2005 by Crime Branch.
In 2006, he was arrested by Agra Police in an auto lifting
case and 10 stolen vehicles were recovered at his instance.
"After release from jail, he became more desperate and
again started committing crimes. He was again arrested by
Faridabad Police in 2007," the official said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city