Four arrested with drugs worth over Rs 1 cr
New Delhi: Four persons allegedly involved in
drug trafficking were arrested in separate cases with police on Thursday claiming that they have seized 30 kg of opium, 29 kg
ganja and 600 grams of heroin worth around Rs 1.5 crore.
While Dharambir Singh (57) was apprehended from near
Dwarka More Metro station on Monday with 30 kg of opium,
55-year-old Subhash Jaiswal was arrested from Haiderpur with
600 grams of heroin worth Rs 60 lakh, DCP (crime) Ashok Chand
Two youths -- Munna Chauhan (21) and Shankar Nagia (27)
-- were also apprehended from Dwarka Sector 16 on the same day
allegedly with 29 kg of ganja.
The duo has claimed that they entered drug trade to earn
quick money, the ACP said.
Singh, who hails from Amritsar, told police that he met
one Mohammad Razak, a resident of Rajasthan, who who lured him
to drug trafficking in 1998. In 2003, Dharambir and Razak
were convicted for trafficking 15 kg of opium in Jaipur.
He came out of jail on last May and continued opium
trafficking in Delhi, Punjab and Haryana. He procured opium
from his various contacts in Rajasthan and Madhya Pradesh.
Jaiswal told police that he was previously involved in
eight cases of drug trafficking. In 2003, he along with his
associate Nepal Chand was arrested by Delhi Police and a
heroin manufacturing unit was unearthed in Khajoori Khas.
"He came out of Bareilly jail about four months ago where
he was lodged for more than past 10 months for possessing 5
litres of acetyl anhydride (the preferred chemical component
in the production of heroin). He is a supplier of heroin in
the area of Mangolpuri, Sultanpuri and Nangloi," Chand said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Afzal Guru row: JNU Students' Union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested
- Missing girl from Ghaziabad, Dipti Sarna returns; reunited with family
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- DNA: Gravitational waves detected, proving Einstein right!
- Kumar Vishwas' birthday bash: Ajit Doval, BJP and RSS leaders attend; Arvind Kejriwal missing
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police
- Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna reaches home, police and family remain tight-lipped over her recovery
- Was abducted, blindfolded for four hours; Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna narrates her ordeal
- Fitoor movie review: Tabu overpowers, Katrina Kaif, Aditya Roy Kapur leave a lasting impact!