Four carjackers arrested in Delhi
New Delhi: Four alleged carjackers were
arrested in the national capital and three vehicles recovered
from them, police said on Wednesday.
Sehnawaz Khan (28), his nephew Noreen (19), Nizam (26)
and Naresh Kumar (28) were caught from near Sangam Cinema in R
K Puram yesterday on a tip off, Deputy Commissioner of Police
(South) H G S Dhaliwal said.
Khan told police that he has his own business of car
denting and painting in partnership with Noreen.
"He used to purchase vehicles from local car dealers and
insurance companies which met with accidents. After that they
robbed the same type of vehicles and put the details of these
scrap vehicles on the stolen one and dispose off the same,"
Three cars and four mobile phones were recovered from
Investigation of the case is in progress and efforts
are being made to effect more recoveries and arrest other
associates of the gang.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Coimbatore: PM Narendra Modi unveils 112-foot tall bust of Lord Shiva
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's remark on terrorists
- DNA: Why depression cases are increasing rapidly in India?
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- India vs Australia, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...
- Pune Test: Virender Sehwag could have saved India from embarrassment, says former Aussie stars