Four charge-sheeted in fake arms licence racket
New Delhi: The police have filed a charge sheet in a Delhi court against four persons, including two employees of an ordnance depot, for allegedly running a racket of issuing bogus arms licence in names of Army personnel.
In its charge sheet filed before Chief Metropolitan Magistrate Vidya Parkash, the police has accused two employees of Shakurbasti-based ordnance depot of conspiring with private citizens in cheating, impersonating and forging documents for procuring bogus arms licence, on basis of which arms were issued from the ordnance depot.
Those charge sheeted are ordnance depot employees Ranjit Singh and Jai Prakash, besides two others, Jasbir Singh and Mukesh Dahiya.
In its charge sheet, the police has said a case was registered in May 2010 on basis of an information about an organised racket in Delhi for issuing arms licence on basis of forged documents and for purchasing arms and ammunition.
A secret information was received that Jasbir Singh, a resident of Sultanpuri in North West Delhi, has got bogus arms licence purportedly issued by the district magistrate offices at Doda and Ramban in Jammu and Kashmir.
Singh was apprehended in June 2010 and a .32 calibre pistol of Indian Ordnance factory make was recovered from his possession. To justify the possession of the weapon, he produced a licence, purportedly issued in 2008 from the office of Doda district magistrate with the licence holder having been described as hailing from a particular unit of Indian Army.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- How will Sonowal's govt solve problem of illegal Bangladeshi migration in Assam?
- How will Sonowal's govt solve the problem of illegal Bangladeshi migration in Assam - Part II
- How will Sonowal's govt solve the problem of illegal Bangladeshi migration in Assam? - Part III
- How will Sonowal's govt solve the problem of illegal Bangladeshi migration in Assam? - Part IV
- Batla House encounter: Congress under scrutiny as new IS video emerges
- Maharashtra Board HSC Examination Results 2016: (maharesult.nic.in) MSBSHSE Class 12th Result 2016, Maharashtra Board Plus two Result to be declared on May 25 (today)
- Six more arrested for attack on Punjab spiritual leader Sant Baba Ranjit Singh Dhadrianwale
- IPL 9: RCB skipper Virat Kohli 81-run short to create history this season
- Second seed Andy Murray battles into French Open second round
- Watch video: Furious and stormy young sun seeded life on Earth, says NASA