Four charge-sheeted in fake arms licence racket
New Delhi: The police have filed a charge sheet in a Delhi court against four persons, including two employees of an ordnance depot, for allegedly running a racket of issuing bogus arms licence in names of Army personnel.
In its charge sheet filed before Chief Metropolitan Magistrate Vidya Parkash, the police has accused two employees of Shakurbasti-based ordnance depot of conspiring with private citizens in cheating, impersonating and forging documents for procuring bogus arms licence, on basis of which arms were issued from the ordnance depot.
Those charge sheeted are ordnance depot employees Ranjit Singh and Jai Prakash, besides two others, Jasbir Singh and Mukesh Dahiya.
In its charge sheet, the police has said a case was registered in May 2010 on basis of an information about an organised racket in Delhi for issuing arms licence on basis of forged documents and for purchasing arms and ammunition.
A secret information was received that Jasbir Singh, a resident of Sultanpuri in North West Delhi, has got bogus arms licence purportedly issued by the district magistrate offices at Doda and Ramban in Jammu and Kashmir.
Singh was apprehended in June 2010 and a .32 calibre pistol of Indian Ordnance factory make was recovered from his possession. To justify the possession of the weapon, he produced a licence, purportedly issued in 2008 from the office of Doda district magistrate with the licence holder having been described as hailing from a particular unit of Indian Army.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Maysore Maharaja Yaduveer ties knot with princess Trishika of Dungarpur
- India becomes full member of Missile Technology Control Regime
- Singapore Airlines plane catches fire at Changi Airport
- Govt's insensitivity towards Pampore terror attack martyrs leaves nation stunned
- Mysore Maharaja Yaduveer Wadiar ties knot with princess Trishika Singh of Dungarpur, Rajasthan
- Now, Lexit: London wants to stay with EU, says petition
- UP cops fight publicly over 'share of bribe', video goes viral - Watch
- Make your smoothie a successful summer diet with these magical ingredients!
- Delhi govt introduces 'Change-makers in education' fellowship
- Brexit will greatly weaken EU, says European Commission Vice-President Maros Sefcovic