Four criminals held in Gurgaon
Gurgaon: Four people wanted in several murder cases in Haryana were arrested after they opened fire at a police party here, an official said Wednesday.
Deepak alias Lauta, Santraj alias Sonu, Sandeep and Rajesh alias Raju, all from Haryana`s Sonipat district were arrested late Tuesday night from the Sohna-Palwal road.
"To escape, they crashed their Scorpio (vehicle) against the barricade. They opened fire at the police party but finally they were nabbed," Rajesh Duggal, deputy commissioner (crime) said.
Six automatic weapons, including three 9 mm pistols, .32 caliber revolver and large number of cartridges were recovered from their possession.
The police claimed that they were planning a jail-break to secure release of two of their associates, Sandeep and Naresh, from the high-security Tihar Jail in the national capital.
Sandeep, a resident of Sonipat, and Naresh from Jhajjar were involved in more than 20 cases of murder, attempt to murder, loot and extortion in Delhi and the national capital region (NCR), police said.
All the four were Wednesday produced in a court here which sent them to police custody.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof