Four criminals held in Gurgaon
Gurgaon: Four people wanted in several murder cases in Haryana were arrested after they opened fire at a police party here, an official said Wednesday.
Deepak alias Lauta, Santraj alias Sonu, Sandeep and Rajesh alias Raju, all from Haryana`s Sonipat district were arrested late Tuesday night from the Sohna-Palwal road.
"To escape, they crashed their Scorpio (vehicle) against the barricade. They opened fire at the police party but finally they were nabbed," Rajesh Duggal, deputy commissioner (crime) said.
Six automatic weapons, including three 9 mm pistols, .32 caliber revolver and large number of cartridges were recovered from their possession.
The police claimed that they were planning a jail-break to secure release of two of their associates, Sandeep and Naresh, from the high-security Tihar Jail in the national capital.
Sandeep, a resident of Sonipat, and Naresh from Jhajjar were involved in more than 20 cases of murder, attempt to murder, loot and extortion in Delhi and the national capital region (NCR), police said.
All the four were Wednesday produced in a court here which sent them to police custody.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ceasefire violations by Pak: Should India carry out surgical strike part-II?
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, asked to leave India
- Panel discussion on the need of Pakistan's ambassador in India
- Intelligence agencies warn of firing by Pakistan along LoC, international border
- Beware! Fake currency notes floating in market this Diwali
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- Diwali 2016: Dhanteras Puja timings, Tithi and Vidhi
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- UPA govt thought of attacking Lashkar HQ, training camps after 26/11 strike, claims ex-NSA Shivshankar Menon