Four die on Gurgaon-Delhi Expressway
Gurgaon: Four men were killed when an overloaded truck they were travelling in crashed after hitting the pavement on the Delhi-Gurgaon Expressway, police said Saturday.
The truck, coming from Rajasthan, was loaded with heavy stones and the men were seated on the pile, an officer said.
"After crossing Shankar Chowk, it slipped to the left side as it was muddy. The men fell down and got crushed under the stones," the officer said.
The victims, all labourers, have been identified as Ashok Sharma, Hare Ram Sharma, Harinandan and Gajendara.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India successfully test fires futuristic Scramjet Rocket Engine
- Modi govt plans Rs 2,000 crore package for refugees from PoK
- Watch: Baloch, Sindhi leaders hold joint protest against CPEC in London
- India in Olympics: PM Modi forms task force to improve Indian sports
- Watch: President confers Khel Ratna to PV Sindhu, Sakshi, Dipa and Jitu Rai